FS: Custom Watercooled Gaming Machine + Car Audio Etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMFD-Minister

Limp Gawd
i HAVE NOW DECIDED TO DISASSEMBLE AND PART THIS OUT. I am working on re-listing everything with individual pricing. PM me if something interests you.

I have decided to give up gaming because it is stealing my time and affection that should be spent in other areas of my life. As a result, I'm selling everything. I live in Indianapolis. I have original boxes for everything computer-related, including my monitors and mousepad. Speakers do not have original boxes. If anyone wants to snap up all the audio gear, I'll definitely give you a better price.

Ebay: 100% +48 and counting
Heat: Just joined

So here goes the list:

WaterMonster - My nickname for this beast which I built in December. It contains the following hardware. **No software is included and I will completely wipe all hard drives in it. You will need to install your own OS to get it running. Everything is neatly cabled and I used the highest end compression fittings and radiators for this build. The watercooling parts alone cost me over $750. I'll sell everything listed in this quoted section for $2000.

Core Components

• Aerocool Strike Super-Tower Case
  • Ultra X4 1050W Fully Modular Power Supply
  • AsRock Z68 Professional Fatal1ty Gen 3
  • Intel i5-2500K (currently 4.5 @1.32 to save power, hit 5.0 @ 1.39 stable, passed 3DMark Vantage 5.2 @1.44, never tried pushing higher)
  • 8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Sniper 1.25v Memory
  • HIS ATI 6990 4GB (currently 880/1250 and SILENT :), never pushed higher because this was enough performance for BF3 at 5760x1080)

Watercooling Parts:

• Black Ice GTX360 Radiator
  • Black Ice GTS240 Radiator
  • 8x Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15 Fans (6 on the 360, 2 on the 240)
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Cooler
  • Watercool HEATKILLER GPU-X 6990 Hole Edition (Currently on the 6990)
  • Swiftech MCP655 (Currently in the Reservoir)
  • XSPC D5 Dual 5.25" Bay Reservoir
  • 4xBitspower 45-degree Rotary Compression fittings (The highest quality, were $16/ea)
  • 4xBitspower 0-degree Rotary Compression fittings (The highest quality, were $14/ea)
  • Koolance G1/4 Brass Inline Drain Valve
  • Silver Kill Coil (Currently in Reservoir and will ship with reservoir)

Peripherals

• 1x24" Dell Monitor (S2409W - no dead pixels)

dsc00348sd.jpg

dsc00350m.jpg

dsc00351cp.jpg

dsc00352np.jpg

dsc00353o.jpg

dsc00354bp.jpg

dsc00355ls.jpg

dsc00358y.jpg

dsc00359sy.jpg

dsc00361na.jpg

dsc00363g.jpg

Tritton Ax-Pro Surround Gaming Headphones $25 Shipped
- The mic still plugs in and stays there, but part of the plastic that holds it in place broke. It still works last I tested.
- I occasionally experience a rattle in the right ear speaker during low bass.

dsc00344tc.jpg
HWLabs Black Ice GTS 420 - $70
IMAG0255.jpg

SoundBlaster Creative X-Fi Titanium - $70 Shipped

scaled.php

Alpine CDA-117 Receiver (This thing was awesome!) - $200 Shipped
- comes with wiring harness and a CD I left in it
scaled.php
Alpine Imprint PXA-H100 + Sound Manager Kit KTX-H100 - $115 Shipped
- hooks up to the CDA 117. Uses a microphone and CD track hooked up to a computer to optimize the speakers in the car and creates a sound profile to make all speakers reach the driver (or wherever the microphone is positioned) simultaneously as well as calibrating the equalizer. Doesn't fix crappy speakers. You need some good gear like the below. Comes with all cables you should need for hookup.

scaled.php

Memphis 15-PR62 Speaker Pair - $35 Shipped
- Speakers only, what you see is what you get
scaled.php

Arc Audio 10D2 10" Subwoofer in custom-molded Fiberglass enclosure - $250 Shipped
- Enclosure was $250 by itself when I purchased. Purchased, installed, and de-installed by an authorized Arc Audio Dealer. This is a very nice sub with a proper amp behind it.

scaled.php

Last edited:
dope build man, looks fresh as hell. Alot of times when ppl are selling big items like that its good to list your estimated location so people who might be turned off from shipping might actually be local... Free bump even though you posted this a few min ago lol

dope build man, looks fresh as hell. Alot of times when ppl are selling big items like that its good to list your estimated location so people who might be turned off from shipping might actually be local... Free bump even though you posted this a few min ago lol

I did list that I live in Indianapolis and will be wiling to drive it a couple of hours to ensure safe delivery. I really don't want to try to ship it..haha

I did list that I live in Indianapolis and will be wiling to drive it a couple of hours to ensure safe delivery. I really don't want to try to ship it..haha

Imagine if the lady/guy were to drop it or some shit. This is one of the nicest water builds i've seen! *thumbs up, bump!

arc amp still avail? can i use it to wire front speakers or is it meant for lows

arc amp still avail? can i use it to wire front speakers or is it meant for lows

2xArc Amps still available

I did not personally set up the system (paid a local dealer to do it), but they had one running my two Focal speakers up front, and one running my Sub in the rear. So yes, you can use it for speakers.

If I don't have a buyer by Monday, I will tear this thing down and part it out. Anyone interested in pieces, PM me and we'll start talking. I'll probably re-post with a parts list when I have it dismantled, which could take another week because it will take some time.

I am parting this out. I will be disassembling and working on re-posting with separate pics of each component. If you have interest in any of the parts here, PM me.

Got everything taken apart, pictures taken, and in original boxes. Radiators and resevoir/blocks are drying out. Will repost as soon as possible. Working on getting my old dual-core 6000+ machine set up as my primary.

Morning Bump. Decided to keep my keyboard, mouse, and two screens, and hard drives. I've also decided for the time being to keep my Xonar STX and Z4 speakers. These have all been re-purposed in a 6-year old PC I had sitting around that is now a productivity workstation and surprisingly fast on the Agility 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back