FS: Compaq Presario Laptop

Here are some horrible horrible pictures of the laptop. It's embarassing to show these low quality pictures, but it is unfortunately all I have.

cover.jpg

open.jpg

keyboard.jpg

screen.jpg

screenon.jpg

Im interested.
how long doe sthe battery last and i didn't notice, WLAN built in?

battery life is 2-4 hours, depending on what you're doing of course. At the time of purchase, the salesman told me the laptop has the feature to throttle down when battery life gets low so that you won't drain it as fast. It will leave enough resources for surfing, word processing etc.I've very rarely used the battery, always used the A/C adapter.

as for your second question..

Integrated Communications
10/100 Base-T Ethernet Port and 56K ITU V.92 PCI modem

Built in LAN and 56k dialup modem

first answer: good
2nd: :(

you dont know by any chance if it has that notebook PCI slot of whatever its called open do you? I could buy the WLAN card seperate :)

many wirelss pcmcia cards will fit into here:
Expansion
One (1) Type I/II PC Card slot with support for 32-bit CardBus

yeah sorry bud, you're gonna have to buy a seperate wireless adapter if you want wifi. not much of a big deal though, cause the laptop is pretty loaded, you probably wouldnt use the pcmcia slot for anything else

GLSauron said:
first answer: good
2nd: :(

you dont know by any chance if it has that notebook PCI slot of whatever its called open do you? I could buy the WLAN card seperate :)

yes, and you could buy a PCMCIA card and slide it in the side and get your wifi..

ozzyblood said:
yes, and you could buy a PCMCIA card and slide it in the side and get your wifi..

he problem with that is extra item to carry around, small or not. You can forget to bring it.
Or, because the card sticks out, you can snap it off very easily...

ok, one second I have to check something ok

edit: I thought at the time of purchase, the salesman mentioned to me that it had wifi capabilities integrated into it, he said it was like behind the screen or something. But after searching the manufacturer site specification list, it doesn't mention it, so I guess it doesn't. Either the salesman was talking about another laptop or just was wrong in general.

Back