FS: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170, Tt Core X9 case, Sound Blaster Z

NoxTek

The Geek Redneck
All prices are firm and include USPS Priority Mail shipping to anywhere in the continental US unless otherwise noted.
Payment via PayPal Only at this time.

Will not ship first, and will only deal with people with established heatware or sufficient [H] tenure.

Heatware: 81-0-0
e-mail: thegeekredneck AT gmail DOT com

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Motherboard -- $SOLD TO TurK-FX @ [H]ardForum!
The good: Works perfectly and has run my de-lidded i7-6700K at 4.6ghz since Skylake launched last year. Comes with everything seen in the pictures plus an extra set of SATA cables I didn't show in the pictures (so 4 cables total). It's a beast of a board. My only reason for selling is that I moved to a smaller micro ATX case and this board won't fit. This has the most current BIOS/UEFI as of thos post (version 2202 if I recall correctly)

The bad: Has an odd quirk in that the power LED flashes constantly at about 1 per second. I've contacted ASUS repeatedly and they've never given me a concrete answer as to why it does this. I declined to RMA it because aside from the flashing power LED it works perfect, and I trust ASUS horrendous RMA department about as far as I could throw them.

Creative Sound Blaster Z (OEM) $40 Shipped
BARE CARD ONLY - I've owned this card for at least four years and it's been fantastic, I just decided to stick with onboard sound on the new build. This has a homemade plastic plate on the back side of the card. I did this because when I was using it in my last build my massive Noctua NH-D15 was coming really close to touching it and I wanted to make sure it was insulated. It's just on there with a few dabs of hot glue - I'm going to leave it on and the new owner can pull it off if they want. :D

Thermaltake Core X9 ATX cube case -- $SOLD LOCALLY
I've had this case since February 2016 and I really really enjoy it, but my GOD it's massive. (That's what she said!) I've decided to downgrade to a Tt Core V21 and go micro ATX (replacing the motherboard above with a Gigabyte Gaming 5 MX). About the only major change I made to it was to remove (and throw away) the front 'dust filter' because it was rubbing agsinst the front fan and pissing me off. Expect it to be dusty but mostly blemish free. There ARE a few small scratches on the window but nothing you can see unless you look for it. I'll include everything I can find (thumbscrews, brackets, etc) and I actually have the original retail shipping box in the garage too. LOCAL DFW AREA PICKUP UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY THE SHIPPING - I'm located in Haltom City in the 76137 zip code.

BONUS! Antec Earthwatts 650 Green PSU included as a freebie!

All prices are firm and include USPS Priority Mail shipping to anywhere in the continental US unless otherwise noted.
Payment via PayPal Only at this time.
Will not ship first, and will only deal with people with established heatware or sufficient [H] tenure.

Heatware: 81-0-0
e-mail: thegeekredneck AT gmail DOT com

SOLD ITEMS:

2x 32GB G'Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2133 kits (15-15-15-36 @ 1.2v) SOLD TO Turk-FX on [H]ardForum!
Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Power CPU cooler - SOLD to [H] member Ssnyder28!
Thermalright TRUE 120 - SOLD to [H] member an51r

2x ASUS Strix Edition GTX 970 4GB Cards - SOLD BOTH to ssnyder28 @ [H]ardForums!

Canon Powershot SX 520 HS - $SOLD TO FAMILY MEMBER!

Last edited:
RAM SOLD to Turk-FX
Heatsinks possibly pending to ssnyder28

Last edited:
True 140 Spirit sold to ssnyder28 @ [H]!
TRUE 120 sold to an51r @ [H]!

Camera still available!

Last edited:
BUMP! Camera reduced by $5 and throwing in a bonus 8GB SD card (so original 4GB + extra 8GB)!

upload_2016-6-20_12-58-11.png

I'd be interested in those 970's if your deal falls through . . . please PM if it does. Thx

Thread re-opened and added two new items: Asus Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 board and Tt Core X9 Cube Case

Back