FS: Abit BH6 and Celeron 300A, the original overclocker's combo

PaperclipGod

Limp Gawd
I bought this on AnandTech like 20 years ago and never ended up building anything with it. Time to clean out the closet! This was the combo that really brought overclocking into the mainstream; you could OC it 50% right out of the box! Good ol' days...

$100 shipped
Now OBO, first reasonable offer takes it!

Pics:

Attachments

• IMG_4265.jpg
    IMG_4265.jpg
    956.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4266.jpg
    IMG_4266.jpg
    781.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4267.jpg
    IMG_4267.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Man the BH6 and Celeron 300A were my first motherboard + cpu combo, plus overclock. It was a guarantied Overclock and matched the top of the line at the time at @450hz! I'm pretty sure I sold my Abit BH6 and Celeron 300 on here.

Fond memories of this setup. Sold and got a bp6 and twin c333a's if I recall correctly. Fun seeing Quake 3 arena massive improvements at lower resolution with smp enabled.

Took peltiers to keep staple at 500mhz lol

Many, many, many, many years ago I prepped my old 300A system (in an InWin case, with a Matrox G200).. clear it off, installed Linux and gave it away at a Novell User Group meeting (as a speaking guest, for Linux of course).

Folks it was slow way back then though. IMHO, only worthwhile to a collector of things. A story to tell.

From a presentation I did, a long, long, long, long time ago: https://www.ntlug.org/archive/tp/glx_ccox/glx.html

Just realized, if you follow the heatware link in my sig, I've got feedback from the original transaction when I bought this combo back in 2003! Man, time flies. My kids are almost old enough to build their own systems now.

Just realized, if you follow the heatware link in my sig, I've got feedback from the original transaction when I bought this combo back in 2003! Man, time flies. My kids are almost old enough to build their own systems now.
That is too cool lol.
Almost sad to see you let it go, no doubt it will go to a good home!!!!

What a legend! I could never afford it but a college coworker and his roommate built one and took it to 504MHz right off the bat!

Abit also made a bunch of great Athlon boards too, like the NF7-S. Ran that one as my main rig from 2003 to 2008, had to finally upgrade as AGP cards were no longer being made.

Oh hell yeah, i had this exact combo. Loved Abit boards, one of the first companies to adopt jumperless.

Impressive that the caps look visually OK on this combo, it must have lived a good life. :)

Had a friend in the PC retail industry when these were new, and these boards and the famous BP6 would get returned for capacitor issues while they were still under warranty. I've had to recap a few of these boards now for people building retro PCs with them. Great boards, too bad Abit cheaped out on the capacitors they used. Asus typically used all Japanese caps during the Slot 1 era.

Good luck with your sale, with a recap this will be the basis of a fine retro system!!!!!!!!

Man already have one of these in storage, and dont really need another for the hoard...but I could prob swing $50 out of my budget this week...

This brings back memories of my Abit BX6 Rev. 2 and a PIII 600 slot 1 Coppermine
OC’d to 800. Similar board from this era. Nice legacy board and CPU you got there.

Back