FS: 2x6274 16 Core @ 2.2GHz

Brainbug

Weaksauce
3Ware 9500s-8

Hardware XOR Engine
Works with PCI and PCI-X slots
3dm2 web interface (I wish my LSI had something this nice..)

$30 Shipped

3ware9500sFront_web.jpg
3ware9500sBack_web.jpg

FS: 2x6274 16 Core, 2.2GHz (2.5GHz All Core Turbo - 3.1GHz Some Core Turbo) G34 CPU

$old ea (Less than a 6272) or $old for the Pair.

Link to info: CPU-World Newegg

One was installed in my machine, the other is brand new, never installed.

Selling as I upgraded to processors which are better at folding.

opteron6274newns.jpg
opteron6274workingpulln.jpg

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php?un=Jagaer&t=36837

Last edited:
Nice CPUs, but how are these not good for folding :D

Its not that these aren't good at folding, I got CPUs that are better at folding, and I don't have the money right now to buy a complete second system. (And putting slower cpu's in a quad, slows down the faster cpu's)

The guys on IRC are good at convincing you to upgrade. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing :/

as the saying goes

"Swallow the blue pill return to the General Forum and believe whatever you want to believe, Swallow the red pill log onto IRC and see how deep your bank account goes, swallowing both lands you in GenMay."

Not sure about you, but for me the compelling thing was:

16 cores for approx the same money as an i7-3930K, or 32 cores for approx the same money as an i7-3960X.

Lower tpf for less money, what's not to like. Plus, you can get a quad socket, only populate two sockets and add additional CPUs as they become available/you can afford it.

(I wasn't that smart and only got a dual. Apparently SuperMicro quads are preferred to Tyan as there is a juicy app for them)

One of you who bought one of the ASUS KGPE-D16 Opteron 6128 Combo's in the forums wants a processor upgrade...

One of you who bought one of the ASUS KGPE-D16 Opteron 6128 Combo's in the forums wants a processor upgrade...

No doubt about that...I just need to try to ration out my $$$ between the family and all the other bills I've got too! :D

as the saying goes

"Swallow the blue pill return to the General Forum and believe whatever you want to believe, Swallow the red pill log onto IRC and see how deep your bank account goes, swallowing both lands you in GenMay."

This is great!

as the saying goes

You actually saved that MOTD? :D

Bump before they go up on fleabay next week.

Open to partial trades for watercooling parts (G34 Blocks, pump, non-bay res, 3x140mm rad)

Price drop

Added RAID card that I can't use since I got rid of my last PC with a PCI slot

What size is the PC-133 ECC cache stick? If it is a 256MB, one those are worth $100+. I see them go often on crapAss-Bay all the time.

No such luck, only a 128 meg stick.

I'm trying to stay away from eBay. Been lucky with buying and selling so far, but it certainly isn't the most reliable/reputable place.

Anyone know of other alternatives to ebay, kijiji and craigslist?

See these on ebay for 570 or BO. Yours are priced nicely.
Good luck selling. Will keep my eye on these. I think I want the 2.4 12 cores myself, trying to decide.

Thanks,

I had thought people would want to upgrade their 2P 6128 boards, but if they're finding cheap 6172/6174's on ebay, I can't blame them. *shrug*

What size is the PC-133 ECC cache stick? If it is a 256MB, one those are worth $100+. I see them go often on crapAss-Bay all the time.

Really? I have a 512MB pc133 stick in a Promise Supertrack card.. and probably 1 or 2 256MB sticks also... Hrmm :D

/threadjack

Back