FS: 2008 Scion TC (58,000 miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

9guns

Limp Gawd
hey everyone,

i'm selling my 2008 Scion TC w/ just over 58,500 miles for $11,000. :D:D:D

1) it's never been in a major accident (fender bender - someone tapped my back bumper at a stop sign, cracked it, and it's been replaced);
2) i've used full synthetic oil since i bought the car;
3) a new windshield was put in this week (thanks safelite!);
4) 4 new tires back in february after a new jersey pothole demolished both right tires in one shot;
5) current brakes have about 20,000 miles on them (the brakes and rotors were replaced around 40,000);
6) still has the ipod dock connector for the center console.

here she is...

image-4.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-2.jpg

image.jpg

image-1.jpg

the selling price is pretty firm. my wife is like 7 months pregnant. she has to quit her job beginning october 1st and we really only need one car.

i'm located in central new jersey but of course i'd be willing to make a trip out to you if serious about buying the car.

Last edited:
Good looking car, my question though a bit off topic.. Who is your mechanic? I work for a Toyota Dealership as a tech, I cant imagine having to replace brakes on a TC 2-3 times in 58,000 miles. Typically you're putting your first new set between 70-80k miles depending on driving habits. I could see replacing them at 50k if you are heavy on the brakes. Just asking.

Good looking car, my question though a bit off topic.. Who is your mechanic? I work for a Toyota Dealership as a tech, I cant imagine having to replace brakes on a TC 2-3 times in 58,000 miles. Typically you're putting your first new set between 70-80k miles depending on driving habits. I could see replacing them at 50k if you are heavy on the brakes. Just asking.

yea good question man. after asking my wife (dude don't laugh, i don't know shit about cars :eek:), she said the brakes and rotors were replaced once around 40,000 miles b/c of the ridiculous winter we had (she's from so cal originally, snow scares her :eek:). i'll update the OP, thanks man!!!

yea good question man. after asking my wife (dude don't laugh, i don't know shit about cars :eek:), she said the brakes and rotors were replaced once around 40,000 miles b/c of the ridiculous winter we had (she's from so cal originally, snow scares her :eek:). i'll update the OP, thanks man!!!

I wont laugh, it's why I have a job :). Just wanted to make sure your dealer wasn't giving you the hose on that one. Good looking car though. Price is pretty spot on as well. Dealer on that would be 13,995 if that helps.

Bump for a great price! Too bad I'm still limping along on my 2001 Alero... and live in Nebraska.

I wont laugh, it's why I have a job :). Just wanted to make sure your dealer wasn't giving you the hose on that one. Good looking car though. Price is pretty spot on as well. Dealer on that would be 13,995 if that helps.

thanks man I appreciate the help! I have about $11,500 left to pay on it so I'm not looking to make any profit, I just need to make room in my budget b/c our son is on his way in 7 weeks! my wife is going to be a stay at home and our income is going to be cut in half... :eek:

what a sweet car, bump fo you

thank you!!!

What has been your avg MPG with it?

Central NJ bump...

it's been about 25 mpg

Bump for a great price! Too bad I'm still limping along on my 2001 Alero... and live in Nebraska.

thank you!!!

How much ram does it have? Also, whats the max OC you have got on it?

ummm... :confused:

Bump for jersey

bump? more like fist pump for the dirty jerzzz :rolleyes:

>>>hey guys i appreciate all the love for my ad here b/c it's definitely unique to [H]. :D:D:D if you guys could pass this along to anyone you may know who is in need of a used car, it would be much appreciated. :D:D:D<<<

That is the easiest car to drive I have ever test driven. Not real fast but still has great throttle response and strong brakes. So if anybody is about to get their son/daughter a car, then the Scion TC is perfect for them.

That is the easiest car to drive I have ever test driven. Not real fast but still has great throttle response and strong brakes. So if anybody is about to get their son/daughter a car, then the Scion TC is perfect for them.

thanks man for the good words about the car, it's been good to us.

Currently working in Newark :( and Cherry Hill :), free bump for you.

thanks man!

ttt

so it looks like my wife is going to get 75% of her salary to work from home, YAY!!! that means we won't absolutely have to sell the car immediately but it's still going to be up 4 sale so hit me up if you're lookin' for a new whip :D:D:D

laterrr

ttt

so it looks like my wife is going to get 75% of her salary to work from home, YAY!!! that means we won't absolutely have to sell the car immediately but it's still going to be up 4 sale so hit me up if you're lookin' for a new whip :D:D:D

laterrr

Congrats!

I looked, I bumped.

ttt

CAR... ok, game on!!! (a little wayne's world humor for those eagerly awaiting hockey season to start)

if I didnt live in Georgia I would probally bite on this!

ttt

and what do we have behind door #3 kyle???

IT'S... A... USED... CAR!!!

(applause)​

I'm a tC owner myself, mines an '06, it was my first car and has been great, I've got 78k on mine now in 6 years (12/10/2005 was purchase/delivery date).

Good luck with the sale, you might try scionlife.com although you have to have 50+ posts there to put the car up for sale, hopefully it's on your local CL as well, although if you put it here, it's probably there already haha.

I'm a tC owner myself, mines an '06, it was my first car and has been great, I've got 78k on mine now in 6 years (12/10/2005 was purchase/delivery date).

Good luck with the sale, you might try scionlife.com although you have to have 50+ posts there to put the car up for sale, hopefully it's on your local CL as well, although if you put it here, it's probably there already haha.

thanks man i'll check that site out. the car has been pretty awesome even through these fuckin' ridiculous new jersey winters. and i posted it up on CL too! i would love to keep it b/c it zips around, the seat fits around me so perfect, the sound system still rocks...

Did someone back into you or something? Your front license plate is folded with what looks like cracked paint around the top of it.

Did someone back into you or something? Your front license plate is folded with what looks like cracked paint around the top of it.

over time the plate gets all sucked under that front lip around the bumper from the wind and i have to keep bending it back. i just hated that the dealership put on that plastic plate holder that gives them what amounts to FREE advertising for the life of the car :mad:

and now that i really look at the pic, maybe someone recently tapped the bumper :eek: b/c i do see those little scratches around the top of the license plate. i'll investigate and get back to everyone...

ttt

"chicks love it, it's a shaggin' wagon"

first person to name that movie wins a car!!! ($11,500 in fees apply) :D:D:D

Bump for a great car! Had to sell mine when my son was born, and every time I see one I miss it a little more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back