FS: 2 x 24 character LCD screens- they're back! (and other misc. items for sale)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerri Ann

Limp Gawd
heatware ebay feedback

i've lowered the prices on these things- i need to move them!!!
please feel free to email me with offers!!! KerriAnnCoulter at gmail dot com.

2 x 24 character Blue Lcd Screens! $40 shipped
Choose between white or black characters. Click on the first image to see what the white character choice looks like.
]

Ok, here's some more detailed information about my LCDs...

What can these screens do?
They can display just about any system stats you can think of. Or, you can just type in what you want them to display. There are many different freeware applications available to use to control the lcds. The software you choose will help you configure the LCD how you like it. I use LCD Studio Designer or Crystal Control. LCD Studio designer has an awesome user interface (drag and drop), and is one of the easiest to use IMHO. you can find more info on LCD Studio Designer at http://www.lcdstudio.com/e107/news.php.
Here's a screenshot of the program- click to enlarge it, then look to the right side for a list of the things it will display for you.

How do I hook them up?
I will provide everything you need to get the screens hooked up to your pc. They use a 4 pin molex power connection (floppy style or cdrom style- your choice), and an open parallel port connection. This may be a problem for those of you who have printers which require the parallel port. One solution for that would be an adapter which would allow you to use your printer with a usb port, but the LCDs cannot use this type of adapter.
The Parallel cable that i send along with the LCDs is usually somewhere between 30" to 38", so that it can be easily routed from the back of your pc to the front (most people like to mount them in their drive bays). However, upon request, I can make custom length cables, anywhere up to 5 feet long. This comes in handy for those of you who may want to make an external enclosure for the LCD.
I also send along an instruction sheet on how to install them, and you can always email me if you need a little troubleshooting. Everyone who has purchased one of these so far has been able to set them up without any problems.

If anyone has any questions about the LCD screens, please feel free to ask me via pm or email.

If there is software out there that will allow me to create a count-down display in hour format with this LCD, I am interested.

Any idea if I can do that? Ideally it would show HH:MM:SS and actively count down on one row and a brief message on the top row.

[nCn]Preacher, i have replied to your email.... i'll be looking for an app that will do that.
thanks!

Kerri Ann said:
......600mhz Pentium III slot one cpu SL3H6 $5
600E/256/100/1.65V includes heatsink and fan.....

dibs. LMK if you want Pay Pal or cash in hand. Would like to pick up this and the rad, if possible. - thx, and bump for a good trader :)

I have a question...how would you get the power fomr inside the case if you have to hook it up on the outside?

I am interested, are you going to fabricate any "housings" for them?

hi jamezzz122...

here's a couple pictures that will hopefully show how it's all hooked up-

in the middle picture, i colored the parallel cable violet so that you could easily see where it runs through the case.
i will definatel be building a couple external enclosures for them, i'm just not sure what i will use yet (lexan or radio shack project boxes?)...
thanks!

oh- topcat- yhpm

That Pioneer DVD drive wouldn't happen to be one of the slot loaders would it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back