FS: 15.6" Arrandale Laptop, 6400T (non-K OC)

ziddey

Supreme [H]ardness
Fujitsu Lifebook AH530

15.6" 1366x768, bluetooth, webcam, expresscard, dvdrw, hdmi, sd reader

Upgrades:

* Core i5 540M (2.53 base / 3.06 turbo, hyperthreading)

* 8gb ddr3@1066 (2x4gb pny ddr3-1333)

* 80gb Intel x25-m g2 SSD (25439gb host writes)

* Atheros 2x2 dual band 802.11n mini-pcie

* usb 3.0 expresscard (2 ports but 1 is broken)

* Windows 10 Pro digital entitlement (has a clean install)

* Extra battery (generic ebay)

Been a good laptop for me and seen its upgrades through the years. Screen isn't all too great, but is expected of this generation (angle is really important). Speakers are downright terrible (I've removed the grilles at one point with hopes of any amount of improvement).

Battery life isn't great with either battery, but it wasn't ever that great anyway. Doing some traveling soon so needing something that can last longer.

qIUX6Os.jpg

bQhvS5W.jpg

74zbYpF.jpg

$110 shipped / $100 local

---

Intel Core i5 6400T

Quad core Skylake (2.2 base / 2.8 turbo)

I got some good non-k overclocking out of this one ([email protected]).

WR8tnW6.jpg

hF1wpoP.png

$110 shipped / $105 local

---

Local in Brooklyn, NY

Heatware

Last edited:
Also got a Gigabyte Radeon 7970 that I picked up on Craigslist a while back. Was supposed to be fully functioning but I had some issues with Overwatch with it. Haven't played with it too much since it was going in a second rig that never ended up seeing much use.

I've put it through a few hours of GTAV and CS:S without any issues at all, but it seems to crash out of Overwatch fairly frequently. Can be anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour, but it does seem to constantly cause issues. Did a test where I dropped both core and mem (stock is 1000/1375 IIRC) to something like 925/1250 and it ran without issues. Could possibly bring it up some more.

I did contact the seller but he was adamant that the card worked perfectly and stopped responding.

$90 shipped.

Cosmetically, the card looks great. Not home currently, but can post pictures later.

I believe it's this one: http://www.gigabyte.us/Graphics-Card/GV-R797OC-3GD

Last edited:
Back