FS: 1.5TB drives, watercooling, Areca SAS + expanders, 1U pfSense appliance, and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Fox

[H]F Junkie
Stuff still available. See: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1560544

I have a few more things up for sale today. I don't generally put things on hold unless I have a good reason to, however, if two people contact me about something, I tend to give priority to the first person. If you are around Dallas, you can come pick up the items in person if you would like. Otherwise I'll ship it via FedEx at your expense. If you find my prices unreasonable, I am always open to offers. You can also click most pictures to see the full size. Please do your research on all these items before buying them as if they aren't compatible with your stuff, I won't be held responsible for that. If you would like more pictures or have any questions, please PM me. Heatware.

Trades I'm interested in:
  • 3+ channel stereo mixer
  • Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L (prefer the second revision)
  • Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L
  • Olympus E-P1 or E-P2
  • Panasonic GF1
  • Sony NEX 5
  • Nokia N900

$50 shipped each - 1 remaining - OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w power supply. Brand new and never used. There is a slight ding on the back of the box, but it hasn't perforated the second layer of cardboard and everything is intact. Newegg link.

DSC01324s.jpg

$70 shipped - Visiontek HD4850 512mb. Was used in my desktop until I upgraded. In excellent condition. Newegg link.

DSC01323s.jpg

$85 shipped each - 1 remaining - Intel PCIe dual gigabit NIC. It is also a bypass adapter for traffic monitoring. Was recognized in my Asus P6T6's PCIe x4 slot, but I can't guarantee compatibility.

DSC01322s.jpg

$200 shipped each - 2 remaining - Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB drives with full disk encryption (model: HUA722020ALA331). These are the enterprise models that support FDE and are as good as it gets in SATA. Brand new (though no longer sealed unfortunately). Manufacturer datasheet.

DSC01296s.jpg

$205 shipped - Asus Rampage III Gene motherboard. Brand new and never used. Arguably the best mATX board you can get. Newegg link.

DSC01287s.jpg

$80 shipped - Antec Micro Fusion HTPC case. Brand new and sealed. Newegg link.

$200 - Sony/HP FW900 24" widescreen CRT monitor. Arguably the best CRT ever produced. Manufacture date is November 2003. There is a small scratch in the anti-glare layer in the top left corner that you get used to very quickly. VGA --> BNC cable will be included. PM me if you want more pictures or a detailed rundown on the condition. There is absolutely no way I will ship this thing, so you will have to come pick it up if you are in Dallas.

$165 - NEC 20WMGX2 20" widescreen LCD. IPS panel with TV tuner and remote. It is in excellent condition and has no dead pixels that I have noticed. Stand, sound bar, port covers, and remote are included. Newegg link.

$325 - HTC Touch Pro 2. This is the unlocked (and unbranded) European model. It will work with any GSM carrier and since the IMEI number is not in anyone's database, you can use dumbphone data plans (including tethering). It is in excellent condition. There is some wear on the back, however I can include a brand new Telstra branded back instead if you would prefer. No scratches on the screen as there is a screen protector applied. Standard wear and tear otherwise (as pictured). All accessories are included and I can flash it with any ROM you would like before shipping it off. Lastly, just clarify, you don't get both phones...just one of them. I'm keeping the other. :p

$125 - Novint Falcon with pistol grip. Essentially new and in excellent condition. Was used just a couple times.

$80 - MSI Hetis G31 barebone. Seldom used. In excellent condition. Newegg link.

$20 - Adaptec 29160N SCSI card. I have tested it and it appears to work just fine. SCSI cable and terminator included. Manufacturer link.

DSC00915s.JPG

DSC00919s.JPG

$65 shipped each - All sold - Supermicro SAT2-MV8. 8 port SATA PCI-X HBA. Works in PCI slots as well. 4 available. Newegg link.

$38 shipped - Sold - Windows XP Home. Retail version means the license is transferable. If you want just the key, I'll knock off $5 so you won't have to pay for postage.

$50 shipped each - All sold - Western Digital RE3 500gb drives. Excellent condition with warranty. Newegg link.

$35 shipped each - Both sold - 2 sets of 2 x 1gb of Corsair DDR2 800mhz RAM. CAS 4. Newegg link.

$65 - Sold - Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 motherboard. IO shield, manual, and driver disc included. Has copper heatsinks even on the back side of the board. Newegg link.

$160 - Both sold - 2 x 1U rackmount appliances with pfSense installed on it. It originally was some sort of Symantec network appliance. It now has pfSense 1.2.3-Release installed on it (default settings for everything). I can add a Zalman fan controller to it you would like. It has no VGA output on it, but you really don't need it as you can access the BIOS via the serial console (same goes for pfSense) or you can use a PCI video card. Does not have to be rackmounted as the ears are removable. Specs are as follows:

• 1ghz VIA C3 CPU (does hardware AES)
  • 1gb of DDR1 (2 x 512mb sticks, though upgradeable to 2gb)
  • 3 x 1gbit Intel PRO NICs
  • 40gb Seagate drive
  • 250w FSP power supply

$350 shipped - Sold - Intel X25-M G2 160gb SSD. Brand new and sealed. Newegg link.

$60 - Sold - Garmin Mobile PC with the GPS receiver. Packaging has been opened, but I have never used the unit and the software has not been activated. Newegg link.

$250 shipped - Sold - Intel Core i7 940 processor. Cheaper and faster than an i7 860, 920, and 930. Brand new and sealed.

$175 - Both sold - 2 x 1U rackmount appliance with pfSense installed on it. It originally was a Watchguard network appliance. It now has pfSense 1.2.3-Release installed on it (default settings for everything). I can add some Zalman fan controllers to it and replace the fans if you would like for a bit extra (pictured, but not normally included). LCD on the front works and displays stats for pfSense! Does not have to be rackmounted as the ears are removable. Specs are as follows:

• 1ghz Intel P3 CPU
  • 256mb of SDRAM (upgradeable to 512mb)
  • 6 x 100mbit Realtek NICs
  • 2gb Kingston CF card (includes tray for swappable 2.5" IDE drive and I can include a 120gb one for a bit extra)
  • Some sort of encryption card (does hardware acceleration I presume?) in the mini-PCI slot

$25 - Sold - Gigabyte GeForce 7600GT. Passively cooled. Newegg link.

$200 - Sold - HP ProCurve 1800-24g switch. 24 gigabit ports with 2 mini-GBIC ports. Managed and fanless (unlike most large managed switches). Lifetime warranty through HP (with American support) where they will overnight you a replacement. Just the switch is included as pictured. Newegg link.

$100 each - Both sold - Two 15000rpm 147gb Fujitsu SAS drives. Model is MAX3147RC.

$50 - Sold - Matrox G550 PCIe video card. Very short and only needs a PCIe x1 slot. I used it in my file server. Manufacturer link.

$60 shipped - Sold - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600.

$325 each - All sold - Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650. I have three brand new and sealed QX9650s. Unlocked multiplier and huge overclocking headroom. The included heatsink is quite nice and nothing like the usual stock heatsinks that Intel supplies. Newegg link.

$100 each - All sold - 20 x 1.5TB WD hard drives. They are essentially new and I used them for about 20 hours to test my RAID card. I will be giving priority to people requesting larger quantities to make shipping easier. Newegg link.

$1050 - Sold - Areca 1680ix-24 SAS RAID card. I wound up never using it outside of testing and it has been sitting on my desk for 8 months now. If you know what this is, well, then I really don't need to explain, and if you don't, it probably isn't for you. :p Anyway, if you want, for $50 less, I can include the stock 512mb of ECC RAM instead of the 2gb that is in there now (photo does not reflect that). All accessories included. Newegg link.

$950 - Sold - Areca 1280ML SATA RAID card. Served me well for quite some time in my file server. Once again, if you know what this is, well, then I really don't need to explain, and if you don't, it probably isn't for you. Anyway, if you want, for $50 less, I can include the stock 256mb of ECC RAM instead of the 2gb that is in there now. All accessories included. Newegg link.

$215 each - Both sold - Chenbro CK13601 SAS expanders. These things are next to impossible to find and now can be yours! Manufacturer link.

$150 each - Both sold - Danger Den water cooling kits. I have two available. Both are brand new, but I have opened one of them to take pictures. Included are a Black Ice Xtreme II dual 120mm radiator with 2 Yate Loon fans, Swiftech MCP655 pump, Danger Den water block, and a bunch of accessories. Manufacturer link.

$20 - Sold - Intel PRO/1000 MT dual gigabit PCI-X NIC.

$15 - Sold - HP StorageWorks DAT 72 tape drive. I have not tested this as I don't have any tapes, but I presume it is working. Manufacturer's link.

Last edited:
VERY interested in one of the WC kits. What socket does the block fit?
I know it will work with anything AMD, 478, and 775 (and probably 604, 771, and 1207). Probably won't work with 1366, but 1156 is a possibility (though I don't have a board to check).

I know it will work with anything AMD, 478, and 775 (and probably 604, 771, and 1207). Probably won't work with 1366, but 1156 is a possibility (though I don't have a board to check).

Damn...was crossfingers for 1366. Still interested. Will let you know..possible to put dibs on it?

I wonder, will that PCI-X card still run at gigabit speeds if put in a PCI slot (since there are gigabit PCI cards)? I plan on using my PCI-X slot for an SATA expansion card

I wonder, will that PCI-X card still run at gigabit speeds if put in a PCI slot (since there are gigabit PCI cards)? I plan on using my PCI-X slot for an SATA expansion card
Yes, but not on both ports simultaneously (on a 33mhz bus at least).

Gigabit = 125MB/s
PCI = 133 MB/s

So yes it will still run at Gige speeds

What the heck is a SAS expander?
Do you plug a sas cable from the main card into the expander, and than you get the extra ports which are on the expander?

I am sure something like that would overload my whimpy Perc5 sas card. That areca is a beast

K-TRON

What the heck is a SAS expander?
Do you plug a sas cable from the main card into the expander, and than you get the extra ports which are on the expander?

I am sure something like that would overload my whimpy Perc5 sas card. That areca is a beast

K-TRON
Yes, it essentially works like a USB hub, but for SAS (or SATA). Not sure if it will work with your Perc 5/i though. My Perc 5/i is broken, so I unfortunately can't test it for you (though maybe if you search through the documentation, it might say).

Will one of those Chenbro SAS expanders work with an LSI 9260-4i? Does the expander care what drives are used, or is that only dependent on the controller card.

I'm pretty interested.

It should. I tried it with my 9280-8e, but that card caused nothing but problems, so I'm not completely certain. It recognized all the drives I plugged in though, so I might have just had a bad card. It should work with any drives however. If you want to give it a shot, well, I guess I could sell it to you and then if it doesn't work out, you could send it back (sans the cost of shipping)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back