Fry's: Intel Haswell-E Core i7 5820K for $329 w/FS

^ Yeah I was thinking more the Asus boards since those are the only ones I've seen. The X99 Deluxe is like $400, and the ROG X99 is... you don't want to know.

This looks like a great deal to me. You can buy this and then pick up a MSI X99 SLI Plus off Amazon for less than I paid for my 4790K and Z97 Sabertooth. Amazing.

Wish I had waited and just sold off the pile of DDR3 I had instead of trying to use it all.

Welcome to the internet where people complain about price but demand the very best and every feature under the sun.

Oh yeah.. He's way outa line..

$500 bucks for a board? Gtfouta here.. Everything about these Haswell E's screams overpriced garbage.

I'm seriously debating picking one of these up, but I'm not sure I really need to upgrade my 2600k

$500 bucks for a board? Gtfouta here.. Everything about these Haswell E's screams overpriced garbage.

Except he was linked to a board that would cost under $200 with visa checkout. :rolleyes: BTW if a 6 core unlocked Haswell-E at $329 is overpriced garbage what does that make the i7-4770K and i7-4790K?

+$330 for the CPU
+$250 for a MB
+$220 for 16GB (really?) of DDR4

for what 10-15% max performance increase over my 3930K @ 4.4Ghz?

No thanks..

+$330 for the CPU
+$250 for a MB
+$220 for 16GB (really?) of DDR4

for what 10-15% max performance increase over my 3930K @ 4.4Ghz?

No thanks..

How much would you spend if you sold your 3930K, Motherboard and ram.

$100?

apart from DDR4 (which is expected since is brand new) I don't see how it is overpriced at all. You can get a six core CPU, mobo, and 16GB RAM under $1k that will probably last at least 5 years.

Welcome to the internet where people complain about price but demand the very best and every feature under the sun.

If you knew anything about all electronics. New stuff is always overpriced and not worth it.

Well, I was planning on waiting until next year as DDR4 and the BIOS on these new boards matures a little bit but now I'm tempted to just go for it. I'll be upgrading from an i7 920 so I imagine I'll see major improvements. The Fry's near my has them in stock so the deal is based on location.

Decisions decisions.

Back