Frys Black Friday sale 5am-9pm

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
Shitty to say the least:
http://shopping.dallasnews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?s=y&advid=2519&adid=7351766
You can scroll to the bottom to see page two.

If your looking for a color laser printer stay way from the Samsung for $69.99. Biggest piece of shit. Starter cartridges are 700 copies yield. LMAO More like barely 50 before it screams red and yellow is out, and at nearly $50 a cartridge I can't see it being worthwhile. If the starter cartridges don't hold up to the factory advertised yield whats to say the retail will?

The Workforce 500 with a CISS I pickup up on ebay works just great. $20 and all ink is refilled and then some. :D

I'm just flat disappointed with Frys add. I was hoping to test my theory of ordering online to pick up in store (To reserve the items I want without the rediculous wrap clear off the lot and up the street line that happens every year). :mad: Nothing worth waisting my time over. At least nothing I'm looking for. Was kinda hoping the I7 920 would have been on sale. NOT! Freaking communist foreigners.:rolleyes:

I've got the Samsung printer (bought last BF, in fact, for $100) and I'm still on the original cartridges. Only issue I ever have is that the driver has to keep being reinstalled so that we can print to it over the network. We print a decent chunk of pages (40-50 a month) but it's probably pretty much due for the next set of cartridges.

Other than that, looks even worse than the NewEgg non-event. I guess BF is a bust this year. :(

I am gonna pick up a couple of Ipod Nano's for my daughters, and maybe the gateway netbook for the wife.

Anyone seen better then $129 for the Nano? 177 for the netbook is not bad, would prefer a W7 equipped one though.

not bad! im going to camp out in front of frys right now!

Dude add what ever it is you want to your cart and select pick up in store. Then just go get it before the store sale is over being 9pm. :rolleyes:

The acer monitor is a good deal. If you're looking for monitors for eyefinity though, look elsewhere. The bezels on that thing suck for that.

Dude add what ever it is you want to your cart and select pick up in store. Then just go get it before the store sale is over being 9pm. :rolleyes:

Im posting from my tent right now. Im going to add all the items in my cart and camp. Biotches!!!

frys main bf ad doesnt come out until tomorrow. every year they do a 2 page ad on thanksgiving and then the real ad on friday.

Nice sales. The 8400 free AR is hot. Man, this Black Friday has been actually really good for me, but it's all been online. I've picked up some great stuff for cheap so far, and I don't think I'm going to need to stand in any lines. I don't have a fry's anywhere within 7 hours, or I'd probably come to this sale though.

It's the same in Austin. I don't get why they wait until Friday to put the ad out. By then people have already made their plans.

hey guys im still camping at fry's right now. Im freaking cold and hungry. Could someone meet me up and bring me some food? I will let u skip in line and we could sleep in my tent together.

Not the 2 page ad that came out on the 26th. I'm talking about the ad they put out the day of black Friday. Or is that the ad for black Friday? Couldve sworn last yr they didn't have the ad online because frys waited till the morning of black Friday to release it.

Not the 2 page ad that came out on the 26th. I'm talking about the ad they put out the day of black Friday. Or is that the ad for black Friday?

Well it does say "Closed Thursday 11/26," followed by "Starts tomorrow 5AM-9PM." I just checked the mercury website and it's still the old ad.

No big ad this year on Friday, kinda disappointed. A couple good deals today, but nothing that you couldn't get online.

Remember.....frys usually has its "good" deals on Saturday....not Friday...

Not to say there will be any but... Then of course there is cyber monday as well.

I showed up an hour before opening and pulled the 6 series samsung 52 inch. Out the door for 1075.

^ that my friend was the best deal, if you were looking for a decent tv for under a grand than you could not beat the above deal, I work there and I could not buy one until I get off, or I get fired, trust me almost happened last black friday, my manager voided my transaction cuz I bought something on my lunch break, you absolutely can not buy anything until you are totally off the clock, period. and right now I am sitting on a five hour lunch, lol, and these tv's were all gone before 12, that was pretty sad, my parents would kill me if I asked them to buy it for me, truly a decent tv for the price, fry's online also has a 47" LG 120hz for 897, but that is online only, that is a pretty good tv too, I have seen that in person, you can look at the reviews but trust me those guys get paid to talk about the simplest shit that is wrong with tv, to us people we won't be able to tell the difference between two comparable models. I have a toshiba rezga 42inch which I absolutely love, I would go in and look at a tv and buy it if I like the picture, who cares what a guy at cnet thinks. A very good at cnet is usually excellent to my eyes, lol. Newegg has the same tv on sale for 1300 right now.

^ that my friend was the best deal, if you were looking for a decent tv for under a grand than you could not beat the above deal, I work there and I could not buy one until I get off, or I get fired, trust me almost happened last black friday, my manager voided my transaction cuz I bought something on my lunch break, you absolutely can not buy anything until you are totally off the clock, period. and right now I am sitting on a five hour lunch, lol, and these tv's were all gone before 12, that was pretty sad, my parents would kill me if I asked them to buy it for me, truly a decent tv for the price, fry's online also has a 47" LG 120hz for 897, but that is online only, that is a pretty good tv too, I have seen that in person, you can look at the reviews but trust me those guys get paid to talk about the simplest shit that is wrong with tv, to us people we won't be able to tell the difference between two comparable models. I have a toshiba rezga 42inch which I absolutely love, I would go in and look at a tv and buy it if I like the picture, who cares what a guy at cnet thinks. A very good at cnet is usually excellent to my eyes, lol. Newegg has the same tv on sale for 1300 right now.

Black Friday sucks the worst for the people who have to work that morning shift. Early mornings, long lines, lots of hours on your feet, and you don't even get to buy any of the good stuff = "teh suck"

I scored on the MSI A6000 notebook with the BD player,

It is going to a family member.

Got to the store at about 4:45AM and waited in a line about 45 minutes to get in the store.
Waited in the notebook line in the store another 45 minutes. Then I waited a little over an hour in line to pay for the notebook.

Very nice notebook for the money. :)

Specs:

msi A6000-030US Laptop w/ Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 4GB RAM, 320GB, 16", Blu-Ray ROM, HDMI, B/G/N, Webcam, GeForce 8200M, Windows 7 Premium for $650 + S&H + Tax for Some at Frys
http://www.frys.com/product/6045408

SPecifications :

* MODEL NUMBER: A6000-030US
* PART NUMBER: 9S7-168324-030

PROCESSOR:

* BRAND: Intel
* PROCESSOR TYPE: Core 2 Duo
* PROCESSOR NUMBER: T6600
* PROCESSOR SPEED: 2.2 Ghz

DISPLAY:

* SIZE: 16
* RESOLUTION: 1366*768 (16:9)
* VIDEO CHIP: GeForce 8200M G

MEMORY:

* SIZE: 4GB
* MAX. MEMORY: 4GB
* TYPE & SPEED: DDR2 PC-5300 SO-Dimm

HARD DRIVE:

* SIZE: 320 GB
* TYPE: SATA

OPTICAL DRIVE:

* TYPE: BluRay Combo (Reads BluRay, Reads/Writes DVD and CD)

CARD READER:

* SUPPORTED TYPES: 4-in-1 (XD/SD/MMC/MS)

WEBCAM:

* RESOLUTION: 1.3 MP

AUDIO:

* SPEAKERS: 2
* CHANNELS: 2
* INPUT/OUTPUT: Headphones
* MICROPHONE: yes

COMMUNICATIONS:

* ETHERNET: Yes
* WIFI: b/g/n
* BLUETOOTH: n/a
* MODEM:n/a

BATTERY: T

* YPE: Li-Ion
* CELLS: 6
* ESTIMATED RUN TIME: 3hrs

PORTS:

* USB 2.0: 3
* FIREWIRE: n/a
* ESATA: n/a
* DISPLAY: VGA x1, HDMI x1
* OTHER: Express card

SOFTWARE:

* OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Home Premium

frys main bf ad doesnt come out until tomorrow. every year they do a 2 page ad on thanksgiving and then the real ad on friday.

This year's ad was definitely indicative of the suckiness. One page on Thurs, and one on Fri. I knew it looked crappy, but thought, eh, I'll still try. Went with my friend and got a grand total of NOTHING. The only things even close to being deals were a GTX275 for $220 (gone instantly), a 1100 watt amp for $57, and a 100 pack of dvd-r for $10. And I was not going to stand in line for a $10 pack of dvds. :mad:

Back