@Fry's B&M - Samsung 4k 43" UN43KU6300 - $497 no tax!

I see people all over the internet making their sharpness setting wrong. 50 is no sharpness effect, 0 is actually de-sharpening the image and above 50 is applying sharpness.

You might not notice the de-sharpening effect unless you have lots of text on the screen, you can really see it on windows explorer text.

Just got the 40" screen today for $324 OTD (after Promocode, no tax was applied), have to test it over the weekend.

how are you guys dealing with the judder issue? does it really have judder no matter what? i find it hard to believe any television manufacturer would release a television that can't display the content it was made for properly. my Vizio D40u is getting RMA'd as it's malfunctioning, anyone know if there's anything coming out soon that would be better than it or the KU6300 at less than <$500 and 40-43" in the next 3 months?

I'm also curious to hear about this.

I see people all over the internet making their sharpness setting wrong. 50 is no sharpness effect, 0 is actually de-sharpening the image and above 50 is applying sharpness.

You might not notice the de-sharpening effect unless you have lots of text on the screen, you can really see it on windows explorer text.

It actually depends on the other settings. It seems that in some cases, like with Game Mode on, 0 is actually no sharpness effect. Not sure why they made it so confusing.

Okay, that explains it because in PC mode I can see the text getting slightly blurry when going to 0.

As for Judder, would it matter if you're playing back video in one of the other modes? In PC mode I'm not seeing any issues when watching 24fps video using smplayer. Automotion Plus is off and you can't turn it on in PC mode.

f2bc172dde774449bc3e7a4491b1760a.png

Got the 40"

There are some upgrades that are just sort of okay, jumping from 1080p to 4k though is blowing my socks off.

Going to 4k on a 40" screen really revived my love of PC gaming... It helps that I just started playing TW3 right when I got my display too. :)

I don't watch much video content, but with what I have seen judder wasn't too huge an issue for me.

I mean, it was there, sure. Especially with certain scenes (like horizontal pans, etc.) you could see it occasionally. But it wasn't to the point where it was unwatchable.

In any case, I use the TV almost exclusively for games, and I haven't seen judder in games at all (I guess, as you'd expect if you can maintain 60FPS).

Always subjective to personal preferences but my settings in PC mode is

Picture Mode Standard

Expert Settings
Backlight: 7
Brightness: 26
Contrast: 85
Sharpness: 50
HDMI UHD Color: On
HDMI Black Level: Normal
Color Tone: Standard
Gamma: 0

Current version:1121

I'm not sure if updating the firmware is going to bring anything I need, I'm not using any of the "smart TV" features.

I've left it offline for now.

I wasn't sure about enabling the wifi and smart features. Took a chance and connected everything so I could update the firmware. No noticeable changes. The apps seem to work pretty well for me.

Ive noticed that every once in awhile my screen will turn black for about 2 seconds, and come back. Does it while its connected to my computer, and also does it when connected to my cable box. Anyone else having this issue?

Issue resolved. New HDMI cable that was rated for 4k signal resolved it. Didn't pick up a fancy one either. Needed a 30 footer, got it cheap at Frys.

I wanted to buy this for my parents they are the type to refuse to buy a new tv since theirs is still currently working. It's not the money they are set in their ways. They have an old as projectiong tv. Is this Tv good, is 40 too small for a living room TV?

I wanted to buy this for my parents they are the type to refuse to buy a new tv since theirs is still currently working. It's not the money they are set in their ways. They have an old as projectiong tv. Is this Tv good, is 40 too small for a living room TV?

Depends on viewing distance

My dad is the same way. He was raised to use what you have until it quits working. Save your extra money instead of constantly spending it. Parents were still using a 31 or 32" CRT television until a few years ago...I bought them a 42" plasma which is still going strong and probably won't be replaced until it dies or I upgrade it, lol.

The TV is great, but I would say 40" is small for a living room (though depends on the size of the room). It's huge, for me, as a monitor but I'm not sure I would use it in the living room.

Back projection TVs were usually on the bigger side, and you never want things to get smaller. Samsung has a few larger models in the same line that are probably still affordable.

It also looks like best buy will have a 50" ku6300 for 399. in my living room, im still rocking a good ole sony trinitron wega 36' 4:3 ratio kd-36xs955 . but i dont have many people over, and stay pretty much in bedroom where i have computer and my 4k tv.

Only nit-pick so far is the ghosting issue, hard black shadows tend to streak quite a bit in games. It's just a minor thing, sometimes it's noticeable but for general computing stuff I don't notice it at all.

http://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting

about a .5 inch black ghosting streak on the UFO Ghosting test.

Only nit-pick so far is the ghosting issue, hard black shadows tend to streak quite a bit in games. It's just a minor thing, sometimes it's noticeable but for general computing stuff I don't notice it at all.

http://www.testufo.com/#test=ghosting

about a .5 inch black ghosting streak on the UFO Ghosting test.

This is endemic in all pva displays. Running it in 4:2:2 chroma aka game mode helps. Especially with input lag.

Back