Fry's B&M MSI G31+E5200 or Biostar+E5400 $79.99, Asus 760G+X3 8650 $99.99

pxc

Extremely [H]
The Friday ad is a little weird this week. It states on the top that it is good for 7 days. The MSI E5200 and Asus X3 8650 combos should be good through Thursday, if any are left. The Biostar E5400 combo is from today's (Saturday) one day only sale ad.

The Mercury News ad looks pretty much like the OC Register ad I read yesteray. Check your local ad to be sure if it applies in your area. http://newspaperads.mercurynews.com/ROP/ads.aspx?adid=7840247&advid=32664&type=

Here's today's one day only sale in the LA Times (the bay area 3 page 5/16 ad is also in the link above): http://latimes.p2ionline.com/shoppingchannel/Rop/index.aspx

I got in on the MSI 5200 for a family member, I passed on the 5400 as I have more faith in the MSI board. Now I just need some inexpensive DDR2.

hmm I wonder if stores sold out of the e5200 combo already

Blazing deal. I doubt these will remain in stock until Thursday, so get yours soon if you haven't already.

Went to Fry's for the MSI and 5200 combo. Called around and found a store that still had the MSI boards. All good till I went to pay. All they had were open/returned 5200 in the "cage". I passed. As I walked dejectedly back to my car, I remembered the one day special on the 5400 along with the Biostar for the same price. Spoke to the saleman and he confirmed that all the 5200s they had left were open/returns, but that they had plenty of 5400s. Went back in and snagged a brand new 5400 along with the Biostar mobo. Didn't really care about which mobo I got since the mobos were going into "freebie" pc's for family anyway. If you were planning on getting a 5200 combo in the SF Bay Area, you're probably SOL now.

I got in on the MSI 5200 for a family member, I passed on the 5400 as I have more faith in the MSI board. Now I just need some inexpensive DDR2.

Fry's has some Patriot 2x1GB DDR2 533 for $24.99 with a $13 MIR so roughly $12 if you get the rebate. Not the fastest stuff on the planet but that CPU/mobo + 2GB of decent RAM for just crackin' $100 ain't bad at all.

Dammit I didn't realize it was a 5400! I wanted to go to Frys but passed on going figuring I would go tomorrow to get a e5200. And the kicker is now they are all returned used in the bay area! Faak!

Scored the E5400 combo at houston location, they had plenty left yesterday. They also had the E5200 combos still in stock if anyone needs in houston, but the E5400 combo was a better deal as the Biostar mobo apparently OC's as well or better than the MSI one and is virtually identical.

Scored the E5400 combo at houston location, they had plenty left yesterday. They also had the E5200 combos still in stock if anyone needs in houston, but the E5400 combo was a better deal as the Biostar mobo apparently OC's as well or better than the MSI one and is virtually identical.

Which Houston store, there are 3?

Back