Fry's B&M: Logitech Illuminated Keyboard $29.99 After $10 Rebate

What do you think of the keyboard? decent for gaming? How's it feel? I need a new keyboard and it's either this or a G15.

I'm no hardcore gamer but it does well in TF2, L4D, CS, etc. I was pretty impressed with the construction of it when I initially unboxed it. It feels solid and I love the flat keys. I have no experience with the G15 so can't compare, but for $30, and even $40, you really get your money's worth with this KB.

I have both keyboards in question and each have their merits. The illuminated keyboard has an incredibly good feel when typing and I use it primarily now. However, it does not have some of the extra features the G15 has. Also the G15 is a bit bulkier with bigger, deeper keys. This may make it better for gaming because you can find your bearings a little better by touch.

To be honest I was surprised how much I like the Illuminated keyboard. It is built more like a laptop than a traditional desktop keyboard, and I hate laptop keyboards. It sure doesn't feel anything like a laptop keyboard. The G15 has been put out to pasture on my home server...

I have this and like it too. But I don't really game all that much either. There is mention of it having an issue with typing many words per minute but I've never seen it so I guess I type slow.lol

Love it though, Although I wish they built it into a way that would've allowed you to remove the pad thing. But oh well.:D

dammit... was just there and didn't know this was on sale. Thx, I'm gonna go back during lunch and grab a couple.

This is an amazing price on a fantastic keyboard. As long as you don't need an lcd on ur keyboard or 80 million keys an options, its perfect for gaming.

Apparently if you type 100+ WPM, you might miss a letter on occasion.

I have never had an issue with this typing 80 WPM. Games are fine too. No funny business like the MS gaming board.

Very good deal, I wonder if my Frys has any for this price. Website is showing $56 after rebate.

staples black friday will have it for $30 flat

I was going to wait for that staples BF deal also, but decided to grab this now if I am not able to get on that deal since after rebate it is almost the same price. I'll just return this one if I can get the staples deal.

Thanks OP.. Also anyone in San Jose, Brokaw Fry's has a bunch of these in stock now.

Newegg's price is pretty hot too with FS.

Last time I checked, it was around $70.

Just picked one up from there. Loving it so far, upgraded from a Logitech Wave. Purposely typing in the dark right now :p

Thanks to the OP, I just picked one up a my local Fry's in Anaheim. There was only three left! I'll use this for a few days before I decide to keep it or return it. So far I like it but I have to get used to the slightly raised spacebar, CTRL, Windows Keys, and ALT Keys.

Coming from my old BTC Model 6300CL which is illuminated and has laptop keys, this feels slightly better and looks WAY better.

So far I like it but I have to get used to the slightly raised spacebar, CTRL, Windows Keys, and ALT Keys.

That was the problem I had and could never get used to... especially the slightly lowered arrow keys. I'm going to sell it as soon as I get back home :(

That was the problem I had and could never get used to... especially the slightly lowered arrow keys. I'm going to sell it as soon as I get back home :(

It felt awkward and strange at first, but after the first week or so I was perfectly used to it.

staples black friday will have it for $30 flat

I would easily buy a second for that price without a rebate, however going to Staples on Black Friday....

After working retail for years, I hide away in a bunker every Black Friday now.

I picked one up last week. Still getting used to the key travel distance and such, but so far I love it. Thanks for the BF tip - I need to get another for work.

Picked up two at Staples this morning, plenty in stock in New London CT and got to use a 10% coupon as well.

Picked up two at Staples this morning, plenty in stock in New London CT and got to use a 10% coupon as well.

Lucky. The Staples I went to ran out of the stock like 10 mins after it opened yesterday. Apparently they only had less than 5 in stock..... -_-

Lucky. The Staples I went to ran out of the stock like 10 mins after it opened yesterday. Apparently they only had less than 5 in stock..... -_-

Depends on the store. 4 stores in my area have them in stock according to the website.

I've had mine for nearly a year and have noticed zero degradation in anything...motion, backlighting, smudging letters...it's perfect.

Only thing odd I have noted is that the keyboard hangs my Acer Revo up on boot at the BIOS screen for about a minute as it is scanning for USB devices.

Not a deal killer but it is rather odd.

Great keyboard!

Back