Fry's B&M 6/11 Athlon II X4 630 + Biostar 760G combo $79.99AR

pxc

Extremely [H]
Sale ends 6/17, but this will probably sell out before that.

3466b83.jpg

Is there some place where I can petition for a frys to be built by me?

Is there some place where I can petition for a frys to be built by me?

Or at least a Fry's shuttle? They just have constant circuits of buses running through the country just shuttling people back and forth to Fry's. :p

I am one of the lucky ones where it is only a 30 minute drive.

Good find OP.

There really needs to be someone that lives near a Fry's that can buy stuff for all of hardforum and ship to us.

There really needs to be someone that lives near a Fry's that can buy stuff for all of hardforum and ship to us.

Fantastic idea. Really, with enough volume you could probably pull something like that off.
I have no idea the legal implications but that would probably make it prohibitive. That and shipping costs would probably kill it. Now I am rambling.

dang, and I need a deal like that for a system I'm trying to build for my son. Anyone wanna hook me up?

I'm one of the lucky ones where it's only a 5 minute walk away. :p

Not as lucky as me though.:cool:

Microcenter---- 1-2 min walk
Frys (4)----- #1)10min drive #2)15min drive #3)25min drive #4)hour drive

Cool, then you can hook me up. :p Does anyone do that, meaning pick up items from a sale and ship for a small fee?

I don't know for sure, but I believe fry's will be expanding soon. I don't mind doing it for people for a small fee but the problem is I don't wanna be liable for a dead mobo, and get chewed out on the forums. Plus I don't have paypal and I doubt people are going to send me money order upfront. I have had enough trouble with paypal to deal with them ever again.

Last edited:
Fantastic idea. Really, with enough volume you could probably pull something like that off.
I have no idea the legal implications but that would probably make it prohibitive. That and shipping costs would probably kill it. Now I am rambling.

Not illegal, but cost prohibitive. Add in taxes (which are before rebate) + shipping + gas + time and it's not worth it.

I've done the "I'll pick one up and ship it for you" nice thing before if I was headed there (it's 5minutes away from my house). The problem is that doing this over and over is going to take a toll on the people doing it.

Another X4 combo is in the ad today, with a newer AMD 870/SB850 chipset ATX board (SATA3+Firewire, no USB 3.0) with CFX instead of the old 760G mATX board yesterday:

aadth3.jpg

This is a much better deal for $10 more.

There's also a Galaxy GT 240 512MB GDDR5 card for $34.99AR ($30).

:) Personally, for what I want it for the first combo seems to be a much better deal. Replacing an older ab-9 pro and an original e6300 without needing anything more than the ddr2 I already had in that older system is awesome.

The trick question is, would this be a significant jump in performance from that older core 2 E6300 (clocked at 2.8ghz 7x400fsb)? The person that uses it primarily is a heavy duty web multi-tasker, generally having anywhere from 10-15 windows open + photoshop + god knows what else open.

The new combo seems nicer for a new build :D

Yeah, reusing memory is handy. I sold all my DDR2 and just went DDR3. The prices were about the same anyways. The Biostar 760g isn't a great overclocker and only supports 2 DIMMs. Not a budget enthusiast board at all.

If your C2D E6300 was overclocked and you don't run stuff that uses more than 2 cores, you probably won't notice much of a difference. Of course you can overclock the X4 630 (not much with the Biostar 760g board) and get a nice boost over your E6300. For heavy multi-tasking and software that can use over 2 cores, this should be a lot faster.

Just brought the AMD 630 + Biostar TA870+ motherboard for an HTPC build, however realized the motherboard is full atx and the case i have is for mATX. If anyone wants this combo let me know otherwise i'm going to return it tomorrow.

they have a full atx case, cm elite 310 with 420w power supply on sale for 35 dollars.

they have a full atx case, cm elite 310 with 420w power supply on sale for 35 dollars.

I have that case. It's.......okay. Won't take anything longer than GTX 260 though. My 260 barely fit into it, and it has less than 1mm of clearance from the HDD cage bay. Just thought you'd know. There are other cheap cases that can take longer cards.

WHy cant microcenter have combo deals like this, man this pisses me off.

Id buy that in a heartbeat if I lived by a frys, stupid ohio

Another combo in the Monday ad, Phenom II x4 925 & MSI 785G:
2dqkbxd.jpg

Back