Fry's B&M 4th of July sale Core 2 Quad Q6600 + motherboard $299 one day only

pxc

Extremely [H]
Saw it on FW. Also:

2gb ddr2 pc6400 dual ocz special ops edition xtc for $79.99-$20 rebate = $59.99
Crucial 2gb ddr2 pc5300 laptop memory for $79.00-$30 rebate = $49.99
Antec basiq 500w power supply for $42.99-$35 rebate = $7.99

I'll post more in the morning when the ad is out.

The Q6600 combo will probably be the same price in a few weeks after the price drop. It's just nice to get it cheap ahead of time.

Oh my god... here it comes :D

This is just the start of the price drops, so be on the lookout.

frys4thsalete6.jpg

Doesn't look like it's available in the Houston area. I would have been there when they opened for the C2Q at that price.

That's yesterday's advertisement meaning today (it's still Tuesday for me here in Vegas, 11:26PM as I type this).

The new ad won't show up on most newspaper sites till around 4AM Pacific time.

Yesterday was the 4th of July? Okay now I'm confused :confused:

Are you saying that they're coming out with a different ad for the 4th? or is this like a weekend after the 4th deal?

I hope they're available for online. The mobo is meh, I wonder if I can sell this for $15?

No, that ad is talking about a "4th of July sale" and that particular sale was yesterday, errr... today, meaning it's still Tuesday for me, but the 3rd. The dates on the ad (hard to make out but I found the ad online someplace else full size) show the sale is good July 2nd through July 3rd, so that ad above it now useless.

The new July 4th sale ad isn't posted yet on any of the more common newspaper sites, for me I use the Mercury News from San Jose as my "Fry's price benchmark" and they typically post that day's ads around 4AM Pacific time.

Regardless, if you live near a Fry's and you want a kickass price on a Q6600 and the jump on the price drops later this month, this is your chance. But get ready to get in line early, the earlier the better. I'd say if you can't get to a store by 7AM, forget it, and I've been to a lot of these kinds of sales at the Fry's here in Vegas and even 7AM wasn't early enough for some of them.

Make it 6AM and you might have a chance. :)

And no, these combo deals are never available online, hence the B&M (Brick & Mortar meaning the physical stores).

Damn, now that's a great price on that LCD... either way I can't get any of the good deals, and I'm getting that old "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of being broke" feeling coming on. :)

Damn, now that's a great price on that LCD... either way I can't get any of the good deals, and I'm getting that old "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired of being broke" feeling coming on. :)

Better than the old "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired that Frys isn't anywhere near me here in the southeast."

Better than the old "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired that Frys isn't anywhere near me here in the southeast."

they have good deals every now and then but for the most part the prices suck. if you can access newegg.com you're generally just as good off.

still, it's nice to have a store where you can walk around and ogle a decent selection of computer parts

When I looked at the interactive ad, on the same click-able box as the Q6600 & Motherboard deal, I believe I saw Windows Vista Ultimate for $159? I think that's the best price I've seen on it so far.

Cheers!,
Xerack

Penquin was it the retail box? and could you post the stepping info - I"m wondering if frys has the new GO stepping (Look for SLACR on the box)

When I looked at the interactive ad, on the same click-able box as the Q6600 & Motherboard deal, I believe I saw Windows Vista Ultimate for $159? I think that's the best price I've seen on it so far.
Cheers!,
Xerack

Yeah, I saw that too. It's the OEM version.

The CPU is a tray processor with a 1 year warranty. It's on the sign in the store.

W00t. I got there at 8:45, they opened 10 minutes early and I was out of there pretty quickly. There were about 35 people in line when I got there and the $399 32" LCD TV seemed to be the most popular item in the checkout line.

The processor alone is available at $300 at Fry's Online.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5101696
That's a better deal for some. It's the boxed version for $299 instead of the tray one included with the bundle at the B&M. I really hope no one here wanted that cheap motherboard anyways. ;)

I envision a butt load of eBay ads for the next week or two trying to capitalize on pre-price drop hype. I imagine you could make $100 easy selling that CPU/mobo combo. I Probably *would* have hit up the Woodland Hills Fry's this morning, but my sister is @ a horse show in Santa Barbara, so I didn't feel like braving the valley heat yet again after spending 2 of the last 3 weeks out that way..

Note: probably not the greatest or most overclockable RAM by any means but they also have a 2GB OCZ PC6400 Spec Ops set for $50 ($80 in store-$30 MIR). Good I guess if you don't HAVE to have more than about 900-1000+ memory speed.

[edit] FYI Madshrimps apparently got 962 on these @ stock timings/2.15v, 1059 @ 5-5-5-15; Virtual Hideout maxed @ 1090 @ 5-5-5-18 (2.2v?) as well.

And a $200 Fry's brand/GQ Sempron 3000+ box, 512MB ram, 80GB HD, Vista Basic, etc again as well.
$380 GQ laptop, 3200+ Sempron, 512MB ram, 40GB HD, Vista Basic, etc. <- Free Canon printer (MIR) with the lappy too.

I Probably *would* have hit up the Woodland Hills Fry's this morning,
Too bad you didn't. :p There was a really loud and crazy Japanese woman there this morning making an idiot out of herself. She was first in line and left empty-handed after arguing with almost every employee she came into contact.
-------

I'm liking the $190AR Envision 22" WS LCD. I'm glad I didn't pay attention to the dumb PC Magazine review (the only one I could find) I read this morning. Color is even, and I don't see any backlight bleed even with the room lights off. 5ms and HDCP so cheap is win!

Picked up one of these also got the SL9UM stepping, fiddlesticks, I wonder if the GO is really that much better must of the OCs I've seen have been with ES's which always OC better

just got back from the Manhattan Beach Fry's. Its the retail package with the fan, board seems decent as well ( for a different build ).

Thanks to the original posters for the heads up and for keeping it [H]

:) :) :) :) :) :) :D :) :D :cool:

just got back from the Manhattan Beach Fry's. Its the retail package with the fan, board seems decent as well ( for a different build ).
Wow. The sign said tray but I didn't buy one. It's an even better deal if all stores are selling boxed CPUs.

Nabbed one from the frys in commerce. $266 (retail box, SL9UM stepping) + $30 mobo

Too bad you didn't.
That's funny :p Fry's isn't really the place you want to head to, esp on sale days like this unless you already know the layout of the place and know what you want...Silly lady. I kind of miss living out in the valley. I used to do pizza delivery in the WH/Calabasas area and would often head to Fry's on lunch breaks. Don't miss the 100+ degree heat though... And I can't really justify heading out there thru the crappy 405/101 traffic just to satisfy my geek cravings.

Oh well, at least ~$300 for the beginnings of a a Q6600 system stays in my pocket for a few weeks longer.

Back