Fry's B&M 4th of July sale Core 2 Quad Q6600 + motherboard $299 one day only

SL9UM is the latest stepping?

Well, ya'll might as well not wait if you can get it B&M. Receipt shows 265.16 and about 30 bucks for the mobo (so, technically, price beats $266) and with no major holidays coming up I wouldn't bet Fry's would sell this at $266.

they have good deals every now and then but for the most part the prices suck. if you can access newegg.com you're generally just as good off.

still, it's nice to have a store where you can walk around and ogle a decent selection of computer parts

Can't agree more. I just love looking around for computer parts ..thinking : now thats definitely the thing to pick or : now who in their right mind would buy that kinda stuff.....:D

Or maybe pickup a quad core and say " you're so mine come july 22nd" :D

I am so frustrated. I can't decide whether to get it now or wait till the 22nd. I don't live near a frys so is it worth the wait or not?

I would pay $15+ (plus shipping) to anyone that can get this and ship it to me.

are the tvs hard to come by? was this a had to be there at 8:00 am type of thing.
Probably not, as long as you make it there within a few hours. Fry's usually has a lot of each advertised item. They can and do sell out of stuff though.

During their anniversary sale a few weeks ago, some of the motherboard combos sold out at mid-day. Other times you can stroll in minutes before closing on the last day of the sale and still get really hot deals.

Well, I changed my mind and went for it. They still had some in stock up in Renton so, along w/ my get out of tax free card, grabbed one plus the mobo for $299 out the door. Had my confirmation for the Outpost one in my email box when I got home so just got off the phone w/ them canceling that order. Hopefully that leaves an extra one for you guys to fight over. :D

q6600combozx7.jpg

http://processorfinder.intel.com/Details.aspx?sSpec=SL9UM

Well, I changed my mind and went for it. They still had some in stock up in Renton so, along w/ my get out of tax free card, grabbed one plus the mobo for $299 out the door. Had my confirmation for the Outpost one in my email box when I got home so just got off the phone w/ them canceling that order. Hopefully that leaves an extra one for you guys to fight over. :D

You had to know that it was on sale or you would not of known in store. Thanks to H I did :) :D

Get out of tax free card?

Hey Lupine, is that a fresh install of vista? If it is... wow didnt realize how much a mem hog it is.. im running an xp install thats about 3 yrs old with alot of crap running and only using about 500mb

VISTA IS NOT A MEMORY HOG. LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEFORE SPOUTING OFF THAT DRIVEL, please. :)

It's not a memory hog, and actually it's vastly more efficient at RAM usage than XP or any previous version of Windows could ever dream of. But you gotta learn something about it before making those comments, really.

Hey Lupine, is that a fresh install of vista? If it is... wow didnt realize how much a mem hog it is.. im running an xp install thats about 3 yrs old with alot of crap running and only using about 500mb
Vista tries to use all the memory installed. "Free memory" is used to preload data (speeds up loading commonly used applications) and cache accesses. If applications need the memory, Vista gives it back. Really, what's the point of having memory installed if you're not using it? :p

memorysv5.png

No, not a fresh install. It's my old C2D install w/ VMWare running in the background and assorted other crapola. :)

You think that's bad. I should post a screenie of it Folding SMP! :p

Back