Fry's A-DATA deal??

Dethred

2[H]4U
No this isn't to complain, but rather to ask this:

How is it possible that Fry's got my order, which was submitted at about 20:00EST on Friday, to my doorstep by about 14:00EST today? I paid for standard shipping and its here in less than one business day? It says it was shipped from Ohio to South Eastern Virginia.

Now that I recall, my $60 320GB 7200.10 drives got to my house in two days after being shipped from Ohio as well, with standard shipping!

Fry's outpost appears to be great!

I don't like Airborne much, but they do deliver very fast.

I just did the free standard shipping they had at the time on that RAM deal, and it got clear over here to Idaho in like 2 days. I was amazed, too. Great ram as well.

Faster shipping only means they guarantee it'll get to you faster. I never pay for faster shipping from Buy.com or Amazon, but I generally get items within 5 days....the exception being the z5500 speakers from Buy, which took them at least 2 or 3 weeks to get to me (thanks to a major screw up on their side).

Not my favorite etailer (I used to love them), but I've only dealt with CS 2x in the 10 years I've bought from them. The first one was 10 years ago (and they were excellent back then), so for now, I still go there if they're blowing everyone else away...but if it's close, I'll go with newegg, zipzoom, clubit, amazon etc.

Faster shipping only means they guarantee it'll get to you faster. I never pay for faster shipping from Buy.com or Amazon, but I generally get items within 5 days....the exception being the z5500 speakers from Buy, which took them at least 2 or 3 weeks to get to me (thanks to a major screw up on their side).

Not my favorite etailer (I used to love them), but I've only dealt with CS 2x in the 10 years I've bought from them. The first one was 10 years ago (and they were excellent back then), so for now, I still go there if they're blowing everyone else away...but if it's close, I'll go with newegg, zipzoom, clubit, amazon etc.

Agreed. I just had a major issue with them myself - to the extent that I took the charge to my credit card company as a fraudulent charge on my card for product that didn't really exist. Weeks after the item should've shipped (paid for faster shipping even) I still didn't have a tracking number. My credit card company was excellent to me, though, and fought for my money back and got it. I don't know if I'll ever buy from them again, unless it's just an unbeatable deal I can't refuse... even then, maybe not.

They got the order to me from ohio to ny in 3 days. the only thing I didnt like was they left it on my door mat! I have an issue with this because I live in an apt with ALOT of other people and last time the postman did this a hard drive I bought off ebay when missing.

So far everyone that's posted has said good things about the ram. I invite those that have received it but not commented yet just to give us an update. Any stability/voltage problems? How about overclocking? Any successes? I just am curious to see how this is working for everyone.

They got the order to me from ohio to ny in 3 days. the only thing I didnt like was they left it on my door mat! I have an issue with this because I live in an apt with ALOT of other people and last time the postman did this a hard drive I bought off ebay when missing.

This is often the case for small packages or orders under $100. Once you receive your tracking number, you should probably contact the carrier directly and ask them to require a signature for the delivery =)

As far as Frys.com, I've ordered RAM from them. It came in 4 days to California from their Ohio warehouse with free ground shipping. Ran Memtest+ on it, no problems =)

They got the order to me from ohio to ny in 3 days. the only thing I didnt like was they left it on my door mat!
That's one of the reasons I don't like Airborne. Even if I'm home, the ninja delivery people usually just drop it off without knocking. Every other delivery service just delivers stuff to the main office.

Back