Froyo Unified Inbox

RevMen

Limp Gawd
I'm reading conflicted reports from reputable sources. Please, someone who actually has a phone, can you help me out?

What's the deal with the unified inbox on Android. Is it there yet?

By that I mean do all messages from all of your email accounts appear in a single inbox? Along with text messages and, ideally, facebook notifications and/or messages.

I have a gmail account (personal) and a google apps account (work) and if they both hit the same inbox with 2-way sync I might go buy an android phone today.

You can have a unified inbox if you use the "Email" client for your emails. There is no unified inbox within Gmail itself.

ScreenShot.png
ScreenShot2.png

This doesn't include FB, SMS etc etc. I think I have seen some of the custom builds (Sense, Samsung etc) that have something like what you are talking about.

There could very well be a 3rd party as well that does what you need, I just haven't looked for it.

If you're a fan of unifying things (personally can't stand it), you might appreciate SlideScreen. It's really a pretty nifty idea, I tried it for a few days but it didn't work well for me. Also the way Android handles notifications makes unified messaging IMO a much less useful feature in general. I'm almost never going to my e-mail or SMS app manually, just through notifications or via contacts app (to send a new message).

K-9 Mail also has a combined inbox feature.

Not aware of a third party app for a unified messaging inbox kind of thing (maybe some kind of notification aggregator/history or something?).

I know on my ally there's a notification bar at the top that alerts you anytime you get mail. I set up my work exchange email with the email client built in and then use the gmail app for gmail. But all notifications which are shortcuts as well pop up in the same place.

I would not want it together. I had a blackberry and hated that part of it.

Back