Frontlines Fuels of War--Whats the deal?

KillerTomato

Limp Gawd
GoGamer has a madness sale right now. FoW can be had for 25 bones. I was eyeing this earlier, but the price put me off. Now it seems like a good deal to snag. But, from what I'm hearing, this game has some bugs that need to be fixed.

Whats the [H] community take on this?

Oh, and I know about that 15+ page thread, but thats a 15+ page thread. I'd like some "fresh" opinions.

I just finished it a couple of weeks ago and liked it. Ought to be well worth $25 to most people.

I bought this for online multiplayer on the PC...I've played maybe 1 hour...stopped because it was too buggy for now...I'm hoping the next patch helps out...I'll keep trying it after every patch though...

There are people playing, but this game has the worse server browser I have ever seen in a game. Total junk. But once you get into a game, it's pretty decent.

Ive only seen the xbox360 version and im not impressed at all with the graphics, i know the game shouldn't be based only on graphics, but its hard not to get a little upset knowing other games that have come out that look amazing. My friend who plays it loves it, but im waiting for BF Bad Company that will be the deal breaker for me, i think call of duty 4 is going to get shown up.

ON PC BTW...

You should check out that thread :D I have posted a lot of good details in there as well as screenies. Im still inputting new details in there from time to time...

Right now the community, well, is still holding on to it with the hope that the patch 1.3 will be the savior. Buggiest release ever hands down, but I am still playing it. I like it. The MP gameplay has much potential!

It is a whole new game and is extremely fun if you have a squad of buddies on ts. The new patch is looking to fix many gameplay issues hoping to calm the people who "hate" this game so much. Takes to much energy to hate, if you dont want to stick around then don't. Unfortunately flops happen, thats life. But if you really don't like something, dont spend hours complaining about it negatively. To those who have been constructively criticizing, the Devs actually listen and show they care. That is very rare to find in a game community...

Basically you really need to play it to see...IMO pros: Weapons are awesome (rockets are fun), vehicles drive great, unreal III engine runs awesome, graphics are pretty depending how u set it up, and even though theres only one game mode it is a lot of fun.

Hopefully they get the demo up soon!

I downloaded it, pretty glad i did, the single player story just seemed so lame, and it was nothing to write home about. A lot of little bugs (which may be fixed already in patches) and a lot of, "why would this ever happen" stuff. Ex. if your in a tank that gets destroyed you magically appear outside the tank unharmed.

Its not a bad game. Just not a good one either.

Back