Frontline: Fuel of War - Beta Open Launches

Yes, much thanks for the heads-up! I've been hard core waiting for Frontlines. I've followed every detail of it since it's inception, and it looks to have extreme promise.

In about twenty minutes I'll hopefully be up-and-running the beta. Cant wait to check it out!

sick of this beta bullshit marketing, they need to give people decent info on how many beta positions are available, how many more are expected etc

Sick and tired of going through lengthy registration not to get into 1 beta out of about the 10 i've applied for recently, bit fed up of this already.

sick of this beta bullshit marketing, they need to give people decent info on how many beta positions are available, how many more are expected etc

Sick and tired of going through lengthy registration not to get into 1 beta out of about the 10 i've applied for recently, bit fed up of this already.

weird man, it emailed me a key right away and then I began downloading...well after waiting for half hour...3% completed, coming down @ 100k...fabulous, 2GB should be done by tomorrow :mad:

It will run fine for about 10 seconds, and then the video will just freeze. 10 more seconds of that, and then i'm back in the action. 10 seconds of action, 10 seconds of frozen nothingness, over and over. I'm not even overclocking my damn card...this is ridiculous.

Just played it. Graphics aren't impressive, the only next gen thing I see is that they have motion blur, and it's very slight at that. I feel very weak unless I'm anti-vehicle because there are so many around, if you're anything anti-vehicle, good luck staying alive for more than a minute including travel time.

There's also this one chopper that apperantly can fire unlimited flares with no cooldown, I tried shooting my rockets at it about 10 times and each time he kept popping flares, making me completely useless

:confused: Bummer man - I got my key right away. Downloading client now...

I'm stoked for this. :eek:

played it a bit today, looks like an awesome game, still have a hard time understanding the classes, but overall good game :D

It's a decent game. The oilfield map was entertaining but the city map was bleh to me. The weapons seem very weak and very inaccurate. So if you are defending with a heavy assault load-out and 2-3 guys head your way, your lucky to take out one. Even shooting short bursts while prone it still took over half a clip of the heavy assault gun to take someone down.

It's a decent game. The oilfield map was entertaining but the city map was bleh to me. The weapons seem very weak and very inaccurate. So if you are defending with a heavy assault load-out and 2-3 guys head your way, your lucky to take out one. Even shooting short bursts while prone it still took over half a clip of the heavy assault gun to take someone down.

I found it the opposite haha, one-two shots and the people were down, maybe you were in a laggy server

Anyone got a higher speed mirror or a torrent for this - It seems fileplanet dosen't like me.

I nabbed the client from GamersHell pretty quickly.

The beta's already pretty solid. The weapons still need some balancing and I think the flying drones might be the most annoying thing I've seen in the game so far. :mad: Spawn camping/raping is pretty much the name of the game so if you don't like that this might not be the game for you. It's ALL about the spawn points and either keeping them up or down. Graphically it looks good but it needs AA in the worst way. The audio is pretty good but I think it lacks some bass. Crysis did bass like no other game. :p The maps have lots of nooks and crannies to hide in and bunker down but some of the environment is destructible so it's never safe to hide out. Overall I've enjoyed the short time I've played it and will get into it some more.

I actually quite enjoy this so far, although it needs a hell of alot more polish, especially the Ui and server browser. The weapons feel nice and solid, you can actually kill people when you aim at them. I like the way you select your classes..and the best thing of all, the heli's have the same control scheme as in desert combat....friggin awesome!

Just hope this game catches on and doesnt die a horrible online death ala what UT3 is going through.

I nabbed the client from GamersHell pretty quickly.

Graphically it looks good but it needs AA in the worst way. The audio is pretty good but I think it lacks some bass. .

Yeah AA is definately needed but it still looks great. Expect it with the final release including SLI Support.

The sound effects are amazing and I have awesome bass...not sure why you say that. Oilfield map is a snipers dream...I sit up on a high tower sniping and watch over our team bases...Then call in the artillery support...i.e. Cluster Bombs, Fuel Bombs...Just awesome to sit back and watch.

4 more maps coming that are much larger in size which will include Jets.

Hmm.. I'd like to give this a try, but it looks like all the beta keys are used up. Also, does it have a persistent ranking system?

Did you check file planet for a key? I went to the site and it didnt have any, but then went to File planet and got one ASAP.

Hmm.. I'd like to give this a try, but it looks like all the beta keys are used up. Also, does it have a persistent ranking system?

They have something up their sleeve but they haven't officially announced a ranking system yet.

As it stands right now this game is nearly as bad as Quake Wars. Kaos better make it about 90% more like battlefield or this is going to be a dud.

4 more maps coming that are much larger in size which will include Jets.

Oh sweet, I want to see how those handle. I was playing today for the first time messing with the helicopters, and I think they need work. They are extremly sensitive to steer, but other than that they're fun.

I love the sounds, took me a while to notice, but the ambient sound from a battle in the distance is great.

This game seriously makes me want to upgrade though, lol.

I can't play this game. Every time i load up a server that says it has 24, 29, 27 or whatever players on it, I join, and no one is in there....WTF?

Also, i'll take a step or two, then freeze. Horrible net code.

Then, when i load the game, I have to re-set all of my video settings EACH time.

lame.

looks like a dud.

Played all night with no problems...Video settings shouldn't be a problem either (I don't have any) but there are some that complain. Go into your video settings and turn off the "Foilage". Causes issues similar to yours (i.e freeze). Let's not forget your beta testing so go into the forums and see the list of known issues...

Back