Frontier + Yahoo = ???.... Spam?

Direfox

[H]ard|Gawd
Not sure if this is the right forum for this... but here goes. So I can't access my emails from Frontier with Mozilla Thunderbird until I agree to yahoo's crap...

By checking this box and clicking the "I accept" button below, I certify that I have read and agree to the Frontier-Yahoo! Terms of Service and Frontier-Yahoo! Privacy Policy, and to receive account related communications from Frontier-Yahoo! electronically. To deliver product features, relevant advertising and abuse protection, Frontier-Yahoo!'s automated systems scan and analyze, among other things, all e-mail, Instant Messages and other communication content.

So my choices are agree to more spam etc or not be able to access my emails? Any other options? When I try to get my emails from Mozilla Thunderbird I get this error message....

Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop3.frontier.com responded: Visit https://webmail.frontier.com to agree to Frontier's new TOS or see http://www.frontierhelp.com/faq.cfm?qstID=1026 for error details.

Also, I am in an agreement with about one year left for bundled services, DirecTV, DSL, and phone. This certainly seems like a major change to the TOS, wonder if I'm able to bail on frontier because of this? I have no use for yahoo at all, and certainly dont want any more spam from them and their partners.

edit: BTW, this started just a couple of hours ago for me.

Frontier may use Yahoo as their email provider. Yahoo would allow you to unsubscribe for any advertising they send you.

Frontier may use Yahoo as their email provider. Yahoo would allow you to unsubscribe for any advertising they send you.

Not according to the TOS they posted.

Yahoo! provides users with access to a rich collection of resources, including without limitation various communications tools such as Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger, forums, shopping services, search services, personalized content and branded programming through its network of properties which may be accessed through any various medium or device now known or hereafter developed (the "Yahoo! Services"). You also understand and agree that the Yahoo! Services may include advertisements and that these advertisements are necessary for Yahoo! to provide the Yahoo! Services. You also understand and agree that the Yahoo! Services may include certain communications from Yahoo!, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Yahoo! Newsletter, and that these communications are considered part of Yahoo! membership and you will not be able to opt out of receiving them. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that augment or enhance the current Yahoo! Services, including the release of new Yahoo! properties, shall be subject to the TOS. You understand and agree that the Yahoo! Services is provided "AS-IS" and that Yahoo! assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings. You also understand that Yahoo! is not responsible for the security or privacy of communications sent via the Yahoo! Services. You are responsible for obtaining access to the Yahoo! Services, and that access may involve third-party fees (such as Internet service provider or airtime charges). You are responsible for those fees, including those fees associated with the display or delivery of advertisements. In addition, you must provide and are responsible for all equipment necessary to access the Yahoo! Services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Yahoo! Services, including your Content (defined in Section 8 below), may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
Please be aware that Yahoo! has created certain areas on the Yahoo! Services that contain adult or mature content. You must be at least 18 years of age to access and view such areas.
Please note that your Yahoo! Messenger account is tied to your Yahoo! Mail account. Therefore, your use of Yahoo! Messenger and all Yahoo! Messenger services will be subject to the TOS and laws set forth in Section 29. By using the Yahoo! Services, you consent to allow Yahoo!'s automated systems to scan and analyze all incoming and outgoing communications content sent and received from your account (such as Mail and Messenger content including instant messages and SMS messages) including those stored in your account to, without limitation, provide personally relevant product features and content, to match and serve targeted advertising and for spam and malware detection and abuse protection. Unless expressly stated otherwise, you will not be allowed to opt out of this feature. If you consent to this TOS and communicate with non-Yahoo! users using the Services, you are responsible for notifying those users about this feature.

What bothers me the most is I have no access to my emails unless I agree to their new terms of service. This may not bother many people, but having to agree to have my email monitored so they can send me more spam (something I have worked hard to get rid of) and denying me service that I am paying for until I agree is unacceptable.

Back