FrontEnd / BackEnd Exchange

I have an Exchange 2007 server.
I created a Virtual Exchange 2010 server.
I migrated a user from the 2007 to the 2010.
Mail flow is fine for the user; I can connect with Outlook to the user and all works well.
I can't connect with ActiveSync or OWA to the user that I migrated however.

The 2010 server is internal only right now. Nothing points to it from any external IP addresses.
I changed all of the URLs in Activesync, OWA, ECP, etc to the internal address.

Any idea what I can do to get this working?

Ultimately, we will migrate all of the users from 2007 to 2010, then remove the 2007 server.
But I would rather do it in batches and have a "FrontEnd/BackEnd" solution going so we don't have to spend a whole weekend doing a "knife-edge" cutover...

Thanks

You migrated the user mailbox to the 2010 server, so now ALL communication for them has to go through that server. AD will direct Outlook to the proper MB server, which is why it works.
Do you an SSL cert on the 2010 server?
How are you trying to connect to OWA, using the OWA url of the 2010 server?
What devices are connecting via ActiveSync?
What is their path to the server?
Are they configured for SSL?

How do people setup exchange environments with multiple servers, yet one url to get to your OWA or your Activesync?
No cert is installed. I installed the microsoft self-signed into the trusted root authority on a computer for testing.
If I OWA to the 2007 server, I get an error. I can OWA to the internal 2010 server address and pull up that mailbox.
SSL is configured, but using the self-signed. Which should still work fine for testing.

Back