From Nvidia to ATI....My story.....

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
Yea! I just ordered my 9800pro from the egg for $207!!!!11

This is my first ATI CARD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day #1: it’s on the FedEx truck, will be here tomorrow...im feeling qwesie.... Scared....yet curious. I plan on backing up my stuff tonight, and formatting my RAID array to prepare for a fresh install to introduce my 9800pro to my computer.....

Day #2: to be continued.......

BTW: what do you all run BF1942, BF Vietnam, and Ravenshield at with your 9800pros?

Get Driver Cleaner from driverheaven and get all that old nvidia crudd out of your box or do you plan on a fresh install?

Originally posted by PopCorn
Get Driver Cleaner from driverheaven and get all that old nvidia crudd out of your box or do you plan on a fresh install?

Do you even read peoples posts?

I plan on backing up my stuff tonight, and formatting my RAID array to prepare for a fresh install to introduce my 9800pro to my computer.....

I am amazed by people who take such extensive precautions when installing a driver.

Scared?
why will you be scared of.

I made the transition a long time ago and never had problems, even using the driver cleaner work

he might be scared of all the power he is gaining:D

speaking of which, what Nvidia card did you upgrade from?

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
Yea! I just ordered my 9800pro from the egg for $207!!!!11

This is my first ATI CARD EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day #1: it’s on the FedEx truck, will be here tomorrow...im feeling qwesie.... Scared....yet curious. I plan on backing up my stuff tonight, and formatting my RAID array to prepare for a fresh install to introduce my 9800pro to my computer.....

Day #2: to be continued.......

BTW: what do you all run BF1942, BF Vietnam, and Ravenshield at with your 9800pros?

I run those games and UT2K4 at 1600x1200 with no AA and no AF. FPS never drops below 100.:)

Can't use any AA or AF yet in BFV. I'm pretty sure ATI will address this in the upcoming cat 4.4's :)

Originally posted by Mr.Guvernment
Do you even read peoples posts?

lol, actually I scan so fast sometimes that I miss important info. As I did in this case. Thanks for pointing out that I'm old and blind. ;)

i love my 9800 pro. every game i've played i can run on high, except for BFV, but i think thats due to a bug involving my nforce 2 chipset.

...You're changing video cards...that's all. You didn't move to the Middle East. It's not that big of a deal.

I run HALO on 1280x1024 with about 80 fps. That's with Vsync and I have a plasma monitor.

I reformated my machine twice to make damn sure every bit of Nvidias cheating drivers were out of my machine and not a single lick of problem. Small price to pay for stability insurance.

My 9800pro powers everything from Freespace 2 to Far Cry with nary a problem.

With your 9800pro, you will be able to see FarCry it all its glory my child.....:D

FarCry0005.jpg

FarCry0009.jpg

FarCry0012.jpg

FarCry0013.jpg

You really don't need to go that far... just run drivercleaner 2 and it'll get rid of eveything, sometimes in the readme it says it can take too much out and new FW wont install:p

However, since my machine will undoubtly need a reformat anyway when I get my new card (whatever it may be) I'll be doing that, not because of I'm scared of driver remenance.

Some of you guys really need to chill, its good info he's putting out, the more switches we see from one company to another the more in depth we will see if there are any problems involved.

EDIT: BTW, I'm anxous to hear what you think of the 2 driver interfaces/suites nvidia compared to ATi. Right now the nvidia interface is whats holding me to them right now.

if u back up a hard drive, will that copy retain the operating system? do u have to reinstall xp?

after u format ur primary hd, will xp automatically resort to the copy?

whats the best prog to use?

What exactly are you "backing" up? If you wanted the whole kabodal, you could just copy the entire root of the drive or image it using Ghost.

I guess im having a hard time understanding what your asking

Originally posted by I(illa Bee
i upgrading form a BFG 5900nu (610/1000) That i fried....

what were you cooling that thing with ?

is it going to be installed on your 9800?

Originally posted by IceWind
I reformated my machine twice to make damn sure every bit of Nvidias cheating drivers were out of my machine and not a single lick of problem. Small price to pay for stability insurance.

With your 9800pro, you will be able to see FarCry it all its glory my child.....:D

FarCry0005.jpg

FarCry0009.jpg

FarCry0012.jpg

FarCry0013.jpg

man thats amazing...it looks jsut like my 5900NU.
good luck with your new hardware man :)

Originally posted by Visable-assassin
man thats amazing...it looks jsut like my 5900NU.

Actually, it doesnt. There is a fog bug that is very annoying on FX cards, and isnt there on ATi cards. Its very noticable, and very annoying.

Edit, the 1.1 patch was supposed to fix it. But it didnt for me. In some places it has, in some it hasnt.

Originally posted by fallguy
Actually, it doesnt. There is a fog bug that is very annoying on FX cards, and isnt there on ATi cards. Its very noticable, and very annoying.

Edit, the 1.1 patch was supposed to fix it. But it didnt for me. In some places it has, in some it hasnt.

I guess I never look hard enough...I havent noticed anything yet...:confused:

Probably going to turn around and say "You idiots... you thought I was going to swap my NV harware for a piece of ATI S**T.. no way... "

However, I seriously hope he doesnt! Because its the best decision he's made yet. :)

A format not only removes all drivers and junk, but also reduces all that overhead and bs we download over the months/years. You'll reduce the number of active processes, remove junk and free up space. I gained 5-10% performance with a format 'after' going fromTi4600->9800Pro.

Well the ATI cards smokes the FX cards in Far Cry so you will have to make more sacrifices if you are a nVidia owner in Far Cry. 5950 ULTRA aren´t even close to the 9800 PRO in that game.

But that shots don´t do the game justice. You should really order Far Cry if you want to see what your new baby can do. It´s one of the best fps games ever created. Not only glorious graphics.

First off, this isn’t a joke....

Second, I will be backing up just my documents... (pics, drivers, installs, music, p0rn, and a few programs)

Third, I was cooling my 5900nu with water, rams sinks and 2 92 mm fans…..

Crazy mods, maybe, but im getting sick of frying videocards, especially 200 dollar video cards.. I just need to learn when to back off….people were getting 550Mhz core on there 5900nu I had to get 600.

Well its DAY: 2 i have no info yet as it is still on a fedex truck

BF:V @ 1024x768x32, with all the settings turned up to the max, and i get around 70-80fps. Raven Shield , same settings but I get around 50-60fps. I never benchmarked 1942 though...

What CAT drivers should i use? Im assumming the newest ones... Buy my friend told me to use OMEGAS drivers..i know he has the lastest OMAEGA to match 4.3...i think

And if there a flash i can do to go to a 9800XT?

Im using the drivers that came with the video card, only becuase when I updated to the newest drivers Raven Shield ran like crap, and half the time it crashed. So I went back to the ones that came with the card and it works great now.

damm only 5000 3dmarks hua....my 5900nu overclcoked to 610/1000 scored 6700....

my 9800pro NOn oc gets 58003dmarks, oced i get about 6200 and thats only oc to 400/350 or so

dont compare vcards with 3dm2003 thats just silly :)

Originally posted by Digital Viper-X-
my 9800pro NOn oc gets 58003dmarks, oced i get about 6200 and thats only oc to 400/350 or so

dont compare vcards with 3dm2003 thats just silly :)

Especially with non-approved drivers.

Originally posted by IceWind

I'm sorry, but thats not all its glory, i run it in a softmodded 9500->9700 OCed, and i can use FSAA2X really fine.
As far as i can see you don't use it, since i saw jaggies, so use FSAA and u'll see how good it is ;)

Back