From JPG to my wall

MistakenID

Weaksauce
So I have a few Hi Res images that I would love to turn into posters. I THINK I have a rough idea of how to accomplish this.

1.Move Hi Res picture to flash drive.
2.Go to Kinkos
3.Explain what I want done to Kinkos employee
4.Pay $
5.Profit?

Also is there any certian resolution I should look for that would make for better posters? i.e. 1920x1450 etc etc.

If any [H] foto gawds have a better way to achive the computer to wall regimen please inform me!

Thanks [H]

Unless it's some rare foto you are not going to get much profit considering how much time you will spend doing this.

How big do you want the posters?

I have done 16x20 inches before with no problem from an 8mp camera, and I am sure I could do bigger.

I ordered through winkflash.com they offer alot of sizes and they are pretty cheap.

16x20 is a good starting point and winkflash.com looks good! I will definitly try through them.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll report back with results later.

The Rasterbator can help. Also BlockPosters does basically the same thing. Takes some fine tuning and a few sample images to get it right, but I've had fantastic results taking some rather large images (over 3000x5000 pixels) and converting them into those types of "block" posters.

Hope this helps, or at least gives you some ideas.

www.theposterplace.com

Awesome service, nice people, GREAT prices, and very good quality prints. I was happy with prints from them over prints I have gotten at other places...note not all printers are created equal.

Amazing CGI ! Where can we get more of those ? (even if for monthly subscription)

cant bring copyrighted stuff or stuff that might look to copyrighted to be printed at kinkos they ask for artist release forms and stuff.... so that might not work so good

The same is true for walmart. I ad watermarks to all my shots and I sent a few in to walmart to have 8x10's printed (I needed them that day and walmart was the only option near my house). They refused to print them because they were "professional photographs" and I did not have release info. I tried telling the lady that they were mine but she needed proof, so I showed her my license which has the same name as the water mark and she still didn't believe me...

It is CG, its from assassins creed (a video game...)

I know what its from...but its not CG in terms of being part of a game or a render. It's traditional art in the form of "someone had to draw this" in a 2d format (even in painter or photoshop). :rolleyes:

You just need a big ass printer like mine. :D

hard1.jpg

What's up with that bud light bottle? I have never seen one like that around here.

Lol - it's a "special" edition bottle they had here for a while. Supposed to be shaped like a bowling pin.

I was about to say the same. That bud light bottle looks like aunt jamima with a bud light collar.

What does a printer that size cost? It has to be a few thousand.

Thanks for all the helpful replies [H]!

I've finally settled on an image to test run

:D

I'll update with results when it comes in!

Does it effect the flow of delicious beer? It looks like a Quaffer, which works amazing for shots.

Lol - don't remember. That was a while back and I was only drinking it because thats all that was left in the fridge up here.

I was about to say the same. That bud light bottle looks like aunt jamima with a bud light collar.

What does a printer that size cost? It has to be a few thousand.

heh - I'd say so. I paid a little over 35 grand for it a few years ago.

Thanks for all the helpful replies [H]!

I've finally settled on an image to test run

:D

I'll update with results when it comes in!

Nice one - that should look pretty cool printed out huge. :)

I used to work at Kinko's and generally we only did not print out or copy pr0n, watermarked or anything printed on professional photo paper. 99.9% of anything I refused was the professional photo paper, and yes even if you buy it from a store if it says professional on back we couldn't copy it nor would the Kodak machines touch it. The trick with that is just scan it yourself and bring it back in as a file. I've never had anyone on my staff refuse stuff that looked like CG render's, we also were bombarded by students from Art Institute so that was another reason.

So I have a few Hi Res images that I would love to turn into posters. I THINK I have a rough idea of how to accomplish this.

1.Move Hi Res picture to flash drive.
2.Go to Kinkos
3.Explain what I want done to Kinkos employee
4.Pay $
5.Profit?

Also is there any certian resolution I should look for that would make for better posters? i.e. 1920x1450 etc etc.

If any [H] foto gawds have a better way to achive the computer to wall regimen please inform me!

Thanks [H]

Thats not how it works.

For print, you need to have the image at 300dpi. Monitors display 72 DPI. To print even an A4 Page, you need a document with a resolution of 2480 X 3508 (WxH). So good luck with that...

You just need a big ass printer like mine. :D

http://www.ssns.net/mixmansc/hard1.jpg

Those printers can be fun but can also be a real bitch when they start getting pissy(I have to support a few large printers).

Yea a local sign shop might be an option but they will prob be pricy. You can always call and ask. A mom and pop type shop will prob not care as much as a big store as far as policy for a release from the graphic design artist if you explain what you are doing.

I actually work for IKON and do like 20+ posters of exactly the type of thing your talking about a day. Only suggestion I have is if your going to mount it, i think office depot was selling 3x4 foamboards for like 50cents, looks good and is really cheep.

I've eben thinking of having some of my fractals printed... good thread :). I was looking at some online places but haven't found anything I'm completely comfortable with yet.

Back