Friend's PC is going haywire after GPU died, I have no idea what could be wrong.

Because it's not working?

But it is working fine now on version F34 and lower of the BIOS.

Just to reiterate again, you need to try to manually bump up the memory voltage. It looks like the XMP profile is pushing 1.35V.

I don't understand, why would 1.35V be fine in all versions of the firmware F34 and older but need higher voltage on version F35 and newer?

If xmp works in bios version f34.
But takes a shit once its updated to the version you need, f35/36 or whatever it is...you have ALREADY identified the problem. Obviously the changes they made after f34 jacked up the xmp settings.

So lets get to gettin.
Loosening the primary timings. Example-
Simply changing the voltage to 1.40v will likely stabilize his rig. If not start loosening the primary timings. Example,
18-18-18-38 change to
20-20-20-40.

If those timings don't work, try 22 42. You shouldn't need to go that low tbh.
Test for stability after each change (like normal). If you need help. Repost here and we WILL get you squared away.
Rinse repeat until you find a combo that's stable.
Once your sure its stable. Write down or save those timings and voltage in the bios. I'd do both being that it's a GB mb.
Done.

His rig is secure and you know what works.
Your buddy has everything he needs to reset the memory again if the bios decides to go looney tunes again. Take pics on his phone to help him remember where to go and what to change.

If you don't try to fix it properly, you're not likely to get anymore help from us.

But it is working fine now on version F34 and lower of the BIOS.

I don't understand, why would 1.35V be fine in all versions of the firmware F34 and older but need higher voltage on version F35 and newer?
Each version of the BIOS has different ways it interacts with the ram. This is a really easy tweak to see if you can get around the issue with very little risk.

Back