Friends new PC lots of blue screens.

Hey guys, friend of mine had her boyfriend build each of them a computer. I don't know the full specs besides its running Win10 Pro 64-bit. I have the dump file so hopefully you guys can see something from there. What I'm getting out of it is either HDD controller or HDD itself, but I wanted to see what you guys thought. As you can see alot of them are back to back. Let me know if you need any more info and I'll see what I can do.

http://www.filedropper.com/bluescreen

Does it stay up long enough for windows update? Does it happen in safe mode?

Turned off any overclocking/set motherboard to defaults/updated motherboard firmware?
though doesn't seem too likely if windows installed fine

Some more info about the systems would be useful, are they both the exact same hardware?

If it happens she said after a couple times of restarting it works fine. Never tried in safe mode. I don't have access to the PC, and I'm not exactly close either, just trying to help her troubleshoot over text lol. I'll get back to you with specs.

Test memory first! Most BSODs are caused by bad RAM or corrupt drivers. Files get corrupted by bad RAM.

Google memtest86 or memtest86+

Test memory first! Most BSODs are caused by bad RAM or corrupt drivers. Files get corrupted by bad RAM.

Google memtest86 or memtest86+

Pretty much this. Between bad RAM or shoddy drivers, you can account for pretty much every BSOD. The rest are typically HW failures.

I can't view the files at work; the most important info is typically the STOP code/Error message. You can get them easily enough using a utility like BlueScreenView, which should display them in an easy to read format.

Back