Friends Iphone locked for 7 years, how do you unlock it?

jtg1993

Gawd
Recently my friend got a black berry so his iphone 3g was sitting in his room and he came back to it one day and its locked and he cant take another guess for 7 years. There is nothing on google about that only for unlocking for a different carrier. Is there any way to unlock it? Would restoring it in itunes unlock it or will it need to be sent to apple?

That makes no sense. Just reboot it and try another password?

Or do a restore through iTunes and wipe the phone completely?

The problem is its locked for 7 years so he can't try another password. I will tell him to try restore it.

how do you know it is locked for seven years? Does it actually say that?

thats pretty hilarious.

i'd just do a restore. he'll lose whatever he had on the phone, but at least he doesnt have to wait 7 years.

Its a glitch. My friend had the same thing on his touch. I will ask him and then I will edit this post with the answer.

EDIT: He just posted below me. backwardsk126

Last edited:
hahhahahahahahahahahahhhaha

I'm sorry, but that is just hilarious.

Take it to an apple store, the genius can restore it for you.

I actually fixed a friend's ipod with the same problem quite recently. Here's what I did and this should work for you as well:

1. You need to force the ipod into recovery mode by pressing and holding the HOME + POWER buttons
2. Hold those two buttons until you see the apple logo (as if it were restarting)
3. Let go of the POWER button but continue to hold the HOME button until you see the plug into iTunes logo
4. Now, plug your ipod into your computer and open itunes
5. It will give you a dialog box saying it has detected an ipod in recovery mode (blah blah)
6. From here you just restore it and it will be working again

The only downside to this is that you have to erase all of the data on the ipod no matter what...it really is a nasty glitch and I haven't heard of workaround yet

Hope this helps,
backwardsK

I actually fixed a friend's ipod with the same problem quite recently. Here's what I did and this should work for you as well:

1. You need to force the ipod into recovery mode by pressing and holding the HOME + POWER buttons
2. Hold those two buttons until you see the apple logo (as if it were restarting)
3. Let go of the POWER button but continue to hold the HOME button until you see the plug into iTunes logo
4. Now, plug your ipod into your computer and open itunes
5. It will give you a dialog box saying it has detected an ipod in recovery mode (blah blah)
6. From here you just restore it and it will be working again

The only downside to this is that you have to erase all of the data on the ipod no matter what...it really is a nasty glitch and I haven't heard of workaround yet

Hope this helps,
backwardsK

Sounds like that would work. I will tell him what you told me.

Picture please, Sorry this is just too funny.

Ill try to get him to take a picture of it.

7 years?! Wow. I never heard of this problem, but I must admit it is pretty funny. I wonder why it comes up with 7 years! Haha!

I would be pretty pissed if that happened to me and no easy way to fix it, wonder if the apple store would fix it for you or....

I would love to be able to reproduce it. Of course I wont do it to anyone but myself!

Not that I want to turn this into your standard genmay pic request thread, but seriously, this thread is worthless without pics.

Oh wow I have never seen that before. That is indeed hilarious. I say just bury it in a time capsule and come back in 7 years.

Back