Friend Request From Grandma?

I actually had similar happen to me. It was 2nd Aunt that found me and added me. I felt violated yet impressed.

I actually think that this is a good thing. It may, I think, get those that are elderly and somewhat out of touch to possibly explore a new and exciting technological landscape that they never would have considered ever before. They can learn to somewhat embrace technology, which I assure you won't be perfect, but it's a start. I applaud this and I think it should continue.

My grandma is now on facebook. Personally, I think it's a good thing. She'll be able to keep in touch with everyone like we have been with each other for the past few years (a lot more than we did before).

i dont use facebook as a public journal or to portray some image that i dont want my mom to see or others to see. And besides my mom cant even browse to her email account, let alone use facebook.

"Grandma says she poked you but you haven't responded, are you mad at her?"

"No, I just don't want to be on facebook."

"So should I tell grandma you don't want to be her friend?"

They really need to drop that damn poke button (among other things) but as others have said, your probably shouldn't be putting stuff on FB your grandmother would be freaked out about ANYWAY. Friending you grandparents or other family members allows them one more way to keep in touch with you.

Privacy settings can prevent your ole granny seeing you get drunk and vomiting on a cat.

I live in Tallahassee also. This is a sign in front of the old armory which is now a senior center. My grandma is well into her 80s and still plays wii and can use a computer, not sure if she will make it to facebook tho. This is a great idea for old people to connect socially which contributes to their overall health.

Friending you grandparents or other family members allows them one more way to keep in touch with you.

Is this supposed to be a good thing? :p I want as few ways as possible for annoying relatives to contact me (although that doesn't include my grandparents).

Back