Friday the 13th: The Game Launches in May

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
No more delays: the Friday the 13th game is finally debuting digitally on May 26th for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. In the game, one player controls Jason Voorhees while the remaining seven control camp counselors trying to survive the night. The title was originally conceived as a multiplayer experience, but a single-player mode is making its way into the game later in the summer.

The 1v7 asymmetric multiplayer game sees seven camp counselors trying to survive against one person playing as the masked killer Jason Voorhees. There are three maps, including Camp Crystal Lake, Higgins Haven, and Packanack Lodge. Friday the 13th: The Game's single-player mode will be added as a free update this summer. A new trailer for the game was released today, showing off some of Jason's brutal executions and locations that players can explore.

Gameplay Summary from the video I just watched: As Jason, you can plod along the forest with melee weapons. As a Camp Counselor, you can lock your door.
Maybe by the 3rd or 4th patch they'll give you the option to remove your top. Epic.

I played the original when it came out. It was shit. Hopefully this is better.

Gameplay Summary from the video I just watched: As Jason, you can plod along the forest with melee weapons. As a Camp Counselor, you can lock your door.
Maybe by the 3rd or 4th patch they'll give you the option to remove your top. Epic.

Actually, if it wants to stay true to the standards of horror movies of that era, it had better ship with the option to get undressed and take a shower immediately after seeing the corpse of another player.

I actually liked the nes one once I figured out how to play it. That and back when I was a kid I had like 8 games to choose from and that was one of them.

You didn't even get the good stuff until after you beat the game the first time, then you would get the machete and the axe, and then you could go to town on Jason and his mom lol

I spent over 45 hours in the beta. Its the most fun Ive had in a game in years. Proximity voice chat makes it hilarious. Its much different than dead by daylight. Much. No stupid hooks or anything like that. And its a bit slower so it builds tension.

Maps are huge. Playing as Jason is nothing short of a blast. Hearing the screams and laughs of other players is priceless.

didn't Dead by Daylight already try this and fail?

dead by daylight at least did better than evolve. Never played Dead by Daylight but did watch many game play videos of it. Been a few months since they released any new dlc for it though. Evolve died off right away.

dead by daylight at least did better than evolve. Never played Dead by Daylight but did watch many game play videos of it. Been a few months since they released any new dlc for it though. Evolve died off right away.

but they tried reviving Evolve with that Stage 2 FTP re-release...it got a major boost in the short term but eventually faded away and Turtle Rock stopped development

with this Friday the 13th game, it seems the same as Dead by Daylight except they are cashing in on the Jason Voorhees name...can't all 7 survivors just bum rush Jason at the same time and kill him? :D ...it's the same question I have about horror movies in general, why do they always split up...stick together and gang tackle him

but they tried reviving Evolve with that Stage 2 FTP re-release...it got a major boost in the short term but eventually faded away and Turtle Rock stopped development

with this Friday the 13th game, it seems the same as Dead by Daylight except they are cashing in on the Jason Voorhees name...can't all 7 survivors just bum rush Jason at the same time and kill him? :D ...it's the same question I have about horror movies in general, why do they always split up...stick together and gang tackle him

Nope. They cant. Doesnt work like that. You can knock him down.....knock his mask off .... stun him ........but doing that wont kill him. There IS a way to kill him but the devs havent said what it is and nobody figured it out in the beta.

We tried to kill Jason a ton of times. Heck I just stood there and let the whole group beat on me for a good ten minutes. He doesnt have hitpoints like that.

I only seen like 1 level design in the Beta game looks fun....
nothing like Band Camp and Jason showing up instead....

Nope. They cant. Doesnt work like that. You can knock him down.....knock his mask off .... stun him ........but doing that wont kill him. There IS a way to kill him but the devs havent said what it is and nobody figured it out in the beta.

We tried to kill Jason a ton of times. Heck I just stood there and let the whole group beat on me for a good ten minutes. He doesnt have hitpoints like that.

You need to find Freddy first.

Even Freddy failed to kill Jason. He did put up a good fight though.

Watched this game being played during beta. Looked so much fun. Better gameplay than dead by daylight.

I spent over 45 hours in the beta. Its the most fun Ive had in a game in years. Proximity voice chat makes it hilarious. Its much different than dead by daylight. Much. No stupid hooks or anything like that. And its a bit slower so it builds tension.

Maps are huge. Playing as Jason is nothing short of a blast. Hearing the screams and laughs of other players is priceless.

That's good to hear as I KSd this game but have been avoiding it because I hate beta testing.

does Jason move as slow as the movies?...meaning he never moves faster then a brisk walk?...I guess they need to do this otherwise he would be OP

does Jason move as slow as the movies?...meaning he never moves faster then a brisk walk?...I guess they need to do this otherwise he would be OP

He IS OP. No doubt. Certain Jasons can run (Part 2 and Part 3). The rest have a brisk walk but all can "shift", meaning move at superhuman speeds for a limited amount of time, and also "morph" which is basically a teleport. They are both on a cooldown.

Back