Friday the 13th 2016

djoye

2[H]4U
Ihttp://f13game.com/

I learned about this on Facebook's news feed, of all places. I haven't yet watched all of the gameplay, I don't like to spoil things for myself, but I'm wondering if there's some kind of alarm that goes off when people are bangin' in a cabin or are naked; DROP EVERYTHING, MURDER. I skipped around the video, it looks like you play as Jason and can play as the camp counselors.

Seems like a clever idea that would probably get old fast.
A multiplayer mode where the counselors are teaming up could be a bit more fun, although that's almost against the spirit of the movies.

Seems like a clever idea that would probably get old fast.
A multiplayer mode where the counselors are teaming up could be a bit more fun, although that's almost against the spirit of the movies.

Eh? That's what this game is about.

It's a multiplayer focused game where one player plays as Jason and the other players play as the counselors. You can choose to work together, or try to backstab each other and make it out on your own.

They even mention that there are ways to kill Jason but they are keeping those under wraps for now.

Also the maps are going to have random elements to it, so it's not just playing the same maps over and over, but things within each map will change and be randomized so you don't know exactly where things are or such.

Seems like dead by daylight. But there will be more players for F13.

So Ive been extremely excited for this release. Big fan of the movies and from game footage it looks absolutely incredible. They really caught the atmosphere and the amount of kills is amazing. They had Kane Hodder do motion capture for it.

But......just found out yesterday that getting to play as Jason is completely random. So most of the time yourrle forced to play as a counselor. Absolute gamebreaker for me.

So Ive been extremely excited for this release. Big fan of the movies and from game footage it looks absolutely incredible. They really caught the atmosphere and the amount of kills is amazing. They had Kane Hodder do motion capture for it.

But......just found out yesterday that getting to play as Jason is completely random. So most of the time yourrle forced to play as a counselor. Absolute gamebreaker for me.
Don't worry. People will complain and they will end up changing it at some point. I think there would be waaay too many ppl que'd up to play jason and queue times would be long.

Youre right. But Id much rather wait than be forced to play as a counselor when I dont want to.

Yeah but think about it, it's a Friday the 13th game, the VAST majority of people playing will want to play as Jason and not the counselors/campers. If they simply allow people to pick you're going to have such a large number of people waiting to play Jason and hardly anyone playing the victims.

I think perhaps there's actually a middle ground here. Instead of simply making it "random" you tie it into the game itself. When you play as a counselor/camper you get points, with more points for winning or defeating Jason (You would get points regardless, but you get more for doing better). Then you can "spend" these points on a ticket that allows you to queue up for a game as Jason your next game, so you can ensure that you get to play as Jason when you want to (provided you have the points for a ticket).

The points would accumulate and save up, similar to how many f2p games give you "points" as you play over time.

That would allow for people to play as Jason when they want while still keep people playing as the other characters and keeping the population balanced so you don't have like a million people waiting to play Jason and like 100 people queuing to play as the counselor/campers.

Seems like dead by daylight. But there will be more players for F13.

Dead by Daylight looked interesting to me...but reviews seemed mixed...I still might give that a go or this Friday the 13th game if it's good

I got a key for the virtual cabin. As pissed as I am about the random counselor/jason selection.......

Man. Its good. The mood is amazing. It really truly feels like Friday the 13th. It looks amazing. The Jason models are so good I am stunned. I mean 100 percent spot on from the movies. Like....walk up to them and it actually is a little creepy theyre so good.

This game is like a love letter from the devs to the franchise. I will kick amd scream and complain about not geting to at least wait to play as Jason but i really have to hand it to them. Based on the virtual cabin and on the videos of the kills I have seen this is out of the park. Walking around inside the actual game engine.....I am reallllly impressed.

The game isn't out until early 2017 what steam says I was hoping for Halloween.

So THATS how Jason finds everyone!
He's got an interactive map/GPS that tracks any person he wants!
Jason's a fucking hacker. Get it ? Get it ?

Bah dum chhh

The game isn't out until early 2017 what steam says I was hoping for Halloween.

Alpha is going to be late 2016. Multiplayer early 2017, then singleplayer summer 2017.

I'm pumped for this one, as a gamer and as a huge fan of the series, it really looks amazing to me. The only thing I do not like is that getting to play as Jason is random, which is utter BS. Let us line up and wait if we wish, but dont force us to play as counselors when we dont want to.

PT6.jpg

I feel like this game priced at 20-25 dollars with a large player base would be something to look forward to.

I feel like this game priced at 20-25 dollars with a large player base would be something to look forward to.

40 bucks for digital. I've been really watching this one, I'm more excited for it than I should be. It looks fantastic. They'll be releasing beta soon, to which I will have access. For an indie studio it looks like they really knocked it out of the park.

I'll have a few beta keys if anyone wants them. Shoot me a PM. I only have 2 or 3 spare.

the game while still has a lot of bugs to fix. looks promising. been watching ppl play the beta. looks fun as hell

I have 30 hours in since Tuesday. I havent laughed so much in-game in a long time. Playing Jason is ....... I dunno. Absolutely HILARIOUS. A blast.

Beta is finished. All kinds of stuff is broken.

Know what? I dont even care. If they released it right now I would still play the heck out of it. It's far from perfect but it is so much fun. Of course, as with any multiplayer, who you play with matters as much as the game. Play with a good group that communicates and works together and is good-natured and easy to laugh with, and it makes the game 10x as good. They have a winner here. Graphics arent as good as I thought they would be, but they work. It's one of those where you're having too much fun to care.

I used the sleeping bag kill. Once. I laughed my butt off. So did the guy I used it on. It isnt all eye candy and some of the issues are pretty serious (which I am sure they will solve before release) but at the end of the day, it's the most fun I've had playing a game in a long, long time.

Game comes out 26th of May Friday I wonder if this will be a great Sleeper hit.

Back