Frictional Games' Sci-Fi Horror Title SOMA Is Free on GOG

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Frictional Games’ follow up to their critically acclaimed survival-horror game Amnesia: The Dark Descent, SOMA, is free until December 30 on DRM-free storefront GOG.com. Unlike its predecessor, SOMA relies on psychological horror and tension building instead of jump scares to unnerve players as they try to make it through an underwater research facility occupied by monsters and other dangers.

Enter the world of SOMA and face horrors buried deep beneath the ocean waves. Delve through locked terminals and secret documents to uncover the truth behind the chaos. Seek out the last remaining inhabitants and take part in the events that will ultimately shape the fate of the station. But be careful, danger lurks in every corner: corrupted humans, twisted creatures, insane robots, and even an inscrutable omnipresent A.I.

I couldn't get this to work. There is a "claim game" button but it does not seem to do anything. Maybe the server is getting hit hard?

-Mike

ETA: Right after posting this, they fixed it. OP Thanks for the heads up. :)

Cool. Only now I realise this game is not another Amnesia after all. Should have tried this years ago.

GOG rocks.

I feel like I have this one already floating in my cloud based backlog somewhere... checking...

update - Yep. Twitch gave it away already for AMZ Prime, sitting idle in my games folder.

Someone should write an app that can help me keep track of my massive backlog of games from all the different vendors. I would gladly pay $5 for that. Or a free copy of "Soma".

Last edited:
Got this game on Steam a while back (played in 4K on 65" monitor for total immersion). It is possibly the best non-action game I have ever played. I've spent a great deal of time thinking about existence and what it means to be human, and this game pushed me even further. Tip... after what seems like the ending and the credits start to roll, be sure to stick around to the very end as there is more to the story... and it may change your perception of the ending.

Its dec 30 and its 29.99? Not free at all from what I can see. Bummer.

Well...the post said that it was free until (not through) Dec 30. :)

Great game but I’m surprised it’s still priced at $29.99. It’s on sale for $4.49 on Steam right now and well worth that price.

Well...the post said that it was free until (not through) Dec 30. :)

Great game but I’m surprised it’s still priced at $29.99. It’s on sale for $4.49 on Steam right now and well worth that price.

Oh shit 4.49 that's basically free
Ok gonna buy it literally now. Thanks for putting that information on here.

Ok just bought it on steam for 4.49.

Epic deal. Again it's basically free for 5 bucks so awesome deal.

Love H community thank you guys/gals

Back