"Fresh Prince" Star Sues Fortnite for Stealing Carlton Dance

I know nothing about IP law -- apparently not even the difference between copyright and patent -- but that won't stop me from pontificating about the legal merit of this case.

-- 90% of the people in this thread.

This is bullshit, if you walk like someone that someone can sue you for walking the same way? Fuck off.

A: walking is not dancing. B: you are not charging people money to walk, so you could not be infringing on copyright for profit. So your point doesn't make a lot of sense.

A: walking is not dancing. B: you are not charging people money to walk, so you could not be infringing on copyright for profit. So your point doesn't make a lot of sense.
You're not charging money for the dance itself when you dance for money at an event. You charge money for your time and your performance of it. The point is you shouldn't be able to copyright dance moves, it is ridiculous. If dancers could copyright moves, how would a dance competition work? What would be next, gymnasts copyrighting gymnastic moves? Nope, it's a stupid idea, you already have the ultimate honor of the move being named after you. This is just pure greed.

This lawsuit looks like BS. OTOH, the rapper who invented the "Milly Rock" dance and had at least one song/video about it is suing, and I think he deserves some money. The dance, IMO, has enough to it to consider it minor choreography, and he CLEARLY is the origin of it.

Back