Fresh install on G73JW, what drivers for "special" buttons?

criccio

Fully Equipped
Like the title states, what driver do I need from Asus' site to enable the Overclocking and display color adjustment buttons on the top left of the keyboard? I've installed pretty much everything I can which is stupid because there are no descriptions for each utility.

Can anyone help?

Hmm... I installed that ATK Package directly from ASUS... The drivers seem to be running as well but the buttons still do nothing. I'll keep messing around I guess. Thanks!

Ok, i'm on my second fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and I've installed every single utility that Asus has listed for the G73WJ but the Overclock button and the "ROG" button that controls the color of the display still do nothing.

I did few fresh install on few newer dell/HP and gateway models and had similar problem. i fixed it simply by flashing the BIOS, most of the time bios version were the same but i still went ahead and did it and it worked fine for me might want to try that.

What do you mean by the "color of the display"? The LCD's brightness is controlled with the Fn+key usual thing.

The buttons on the left, at least one of them has to do with Express Gate. And the Overclocking button is a complete waste of time that does nothing other than turn off Turbo function.

The button next to the overclocking button with the ROG logo on it. It controls the Asus Splendid color.

Oh, the button that turns on the little blue light that protrudes out of the back of the notebook...yeah, I have no idea what driver activates that.

Nope... There are 3 buttons on the top left of the keyboard. First is the one that controls the physical lighting, the second is the overclocking button and the third is the Asus Splendid color button. It has the ROG logo on it. It would change the color of the LCD for settings like "Movies", or "Sports", "Vivid", etc... Like what you find on TV's.

Dumb.. but I would still like to find out how to make it work again.

I see what you mean now. (No idea that a simple S would be ROG logo.) Yes, might be worth emailing Asus to find out how to activate those modes. To my eyes, Vivid looks best. It seems to remove the slight blue tint that you see in Normal mode.

Nope. However, you don't need it for Turbo Boost to work I've noticed.

I only got the left most button working out of the 3.

This is supposed to be the G73JW but the right most button has the Asus ROG logo on my G73JW.

G73Jw_KeyPad3.jpg

That's the Splendid Video button. I don't know why it was changed from the icon shown above on the G73JH and the RoG logo on the G73JW.

I didn't install the software for that or for the overclock on my G73

I had no idea what that left most button did on my G73JH. I now know how to turn that stupid blue light off. I couldn't find it in the manual. I knew what the other two did although I never use them, didnt use Splendid on my G1S either. Thanks for the info.

That OC button also doubles as Asus Express Gate if you press it while the machine's off.

Back