Fresh install of Win 10 - Issues

Creepin_D

[H]ard|Gawd
Couple of nights ago I did a fresh install of win10.

Everything was working great at the time, but now when I try to open the start button or the action center, it won't open.

No matter how many times i click on either icon, nothing happens. I have restarted my PC a couple of times, but the same problem exist.

Aside from this issue, everything else seems to be working.

Have anyone else run into this problem?

Just found another issue.

I open IE, and it closes just seconds after I open it. I don't use IE, but still a problem none the less. :-(

Last edited:
I had the same issue, start menu wouldn't open nor could I click on search menu

It turned out to be bad sectors on my HDD.

Actually I'm posting this from the PC that had the problem

Run chkdsk from a command prompt (chkdsk /r /f C:). If that won't work, do the following:

Boot DOS from a USB drive and copy chkdsk to it, run chkdsk /r /f C: assuming your main drive is seen as C: when booting from the USB drive.

I'm having this exact issue on two different BRAND new PCs. They both have Samsung 850 pro 128GB SSDs. The windows files become corrupt. You can partially fix this by going into regedit and making sure all of the base folders have the All Application Packages permission with read access.

SFC /scannow returns errors that can't be repaired, and dism /restorehealth will not find the source files. I've reinstalled using different ISOs and versions atm least 5 times, and the issue comes back every fucking time. I called MS and of course they want to charge $500 for support...

I fucking hate Windows 10 at this point. My desktop at home is running it with no errors.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm out of town right now. But I will try some of your ideas when I get home.

I didn't have this issue when I did the win 7 to win 10 upgrade.

Back