Frequent ping timeouts and general failure while playing Modern Warfare - bug or attack?

Discussion in 'Networking & Security' started by DoubleTap, Nov 19, 2019.

1. DoubleTap

DoubleTap 2[H]4U

My understanding is that Modern Warfare connectivity is peer to peer.

Most of the time, it's fine, but I often have problems when playing the 2v2 Gun Fight mode - problems I don't experience in the 6v6++ modes.

What makes me more suspicious is that these events often happen at clutch moments - those times when, if someone had a lag script, they would probably push the button.

What makes me less suspicious is that I can't find other people complaining about this so it could be just a bug in this game mode or it could be problem on my system or internet.

Interner: 300Mb - generally good, lag in games is rare
    Router: XR500 (Duma OS)
    PC: Ethernet, direct to router

Over the last week, usually when I'm playing vs "sweaty" players and the game is clutch, this will happen. Then I will play another 6 or 8 people and have no issues.

I run a constant "ping google.com -t" on a second monitor so I can see what is happening. This was all in the course of 2 games with different people.

Any ideas?

upload_2019-11-19_11-25-32.png upload_2019-11-19_11-25-50.png upload_2019-11-19_11-26-20.png

Attached Files: