French Woman Wants To Marry A Robot

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
A French woman has designed a 3D printed robot named Inmmovator, which she plans to wed. One expert claims that human-robot marriages will become commonplace by 2050 and that robots could become “enormously appealing” partners.

The “proud robosexual” said she always loved the voices of robots as a child but realised at 19 she was sexually attracted to them as well. Physical relationships with other men confirmed the matter. “I’m really and only attracted by the robots,” she said. “My only two relationships with men have confirmed my love orientation, because I dislike really physical contact with human flesh.” She has since built her own dream man with open-source technology from a French company, and has lived with him for one year. They are ‘engaged’ and plan to marry when robot-human marriage is legalised in France.

.... No comment ....

I mean, what can I say that's pr appropriate?

How about it's her life and who are we to say who she can or can't love/marry?

I can't wait til someone tries this in the states. If you thought the evangelical extremist (fake Christians) in America like Kim Davis were bad in their opposition with LGBT marriage equality. (Yet the hypocrite doesn't mind that she committed a grave sin herself according to her book she kept quoting by getting divorced 3 times) Just wait til people try to marry robots and their AI personalities over here. Faux and Hucklebee will go nuts and will push another book/special TV program with tons of ads yet again to make millions off their followers misguided Christianly anger/hatred.

I don't have a problem with someone having a relation with a robot, but what is the point of marriage to one? Robots are not citizens and have no legal rights. On the bright side, if you want some action, I would assume a robot would never have a headache or have a TOM.
Damn, a spouse with an on/off switch...maybe I should get a divorce and marry me one of these things.

I hope she doesn't have cyborg babies. And I thought craziness like this only came from Japan. /sigh another stereotype destroyed.

I don't care who/what you want to marry. It doesn't affect me at all so why should I give a fuck? The government (and anyone else for that matter) shouldn't give a fuck either.

Boy, I wish that I'd married a robot the first time around, I could have just disassembled her rather than having her empty out my financial world. :D

Just wait until the robot vendors start using the free-to-play pay-for-DLC method to cash in.

Someone write this shit down, this was the day the robot uprising started.

Crazy broad has doomed us all.

Someone write this shit down, this was the day the robot uprising started.

Crazy broad has doomed us all.

Not only do we have to deal with robots who want to kill humans, but also the humans who love them. It's a Bond film title or something.

.... No comment ....

I mean, what can I say that's pr appropriate?
I hope robo doesn't provide head, or that she shaves...

10571921.jpg

I don't have a problem with someone having a relation with a robot, but what is the point of marriage to one?
Tax breaks?

I don't care who/what you want to marry. It doesn't affect me at all so why should I give a fuck? The government (and anyone else for that matter) shouldn't give a fuck either.
This.

Everything would be so much easier if the government kept out of the marriage racket to begin with.

We should ban robot marriage, and gay marriage, and heterosexual marriage, ban marriage is what I'm getting at. It's an archaic social construct to raise children. We have iPads now, so the children raise themselves really. Robots raise children...

Some people really are nuts, and need help, not empowering. I realize we're in the "Look at me, how tolerant I am!" generation, but we can't completely snap off the antenna on the crazy sensor.

I don't care who you marry. But marrying appliances is probably not a positive indicator of mental well-being.

Some people really are nuts, and need help, not empowering. I realize we're in the "Look at me, how tolerant I am!" generation, but we can't completely snap off the antenna on the crazy sensor.

I don't care who you marry. But marrying appliances is probably not a positive indicator of mental well-being.
For a really long time women were thought of as appliances, what's the big difference here? Nothing really matters at the end of the day as long as you aren't going on a murder spree.

This.

Everything would be so much easier if the government kept out of the marriage racket to begin with.
That might have merit if there weren't so many tax and legal implications to marriage. Remove those first then no one will bother getting married. Done.

Look on the bright side guys, if the crazies are screwing robots they aren't polluting the gene pool.

Robots has no feeling and soul. That will only frustrate her desire for a perfect emotional human/robot relationship.

How about it's her life and who are we to say who she can or can't love/marry?

I can't wait til someone tries this in the states. If you thought the evangelical extremist (fake Christians) in America like Kim Davis were bad in their opposition with LGBT marriage equality. (Yet the hypocrite doesn't mind that she committed a grave sin herself according to her book she kept quoting by getting divorced 3 times) Just wait til people try to marry robots and their AI personalities over here. Faux and Hucklebee will go nuts and will push another book/special TV program with tons of ads yet again to make millions off their followers misguided Christianly anger/hatred.

The problem is marriage is not just a pure social construct but also a legal contract with all sorts of other laws based around it. For example tax laws could allow income splitting among married couples, this would mean everyone would immediately marry and inanimate object just for tax advantages.

For example looking this up briefly French tax laws have different provisions for a couple if one of them is above the age of 65. As such if you were allowed to marry a robot or other inanimate object you'd need to consider how you'd define that half's legal age for tax purposes.Which as an example is why current laws are not designed around letting everyone marry anything they want legally.

What needs to happen is that the legal and social side need to be split. Legal marriages (or reworded to whatever) does need to be set and properly legislated. Social marriages should be and can be anything.

Last edited:
haha first thing popped into my head when I saw the title:

https:// youtu.be/Xg2Hw-aOPSU?t=439

Marriage requires consent. Currently, that requires your spouse to be human, both, old enough, and mentally competent, under the laws of your jurisdiction. If she want to call it her husband, that is fine. If she wants a legal marriage license/certificate or whatever they call it in France, she can prolly screw off.

She just wants the tax deductions, then later the happy couple can register the roomba as a child for head of household. Not sure tax works that way in France but more power to her.

And the advanced AI robot still won't know what he did wrong and why she's so angry...

In other news, French women files first divorce from vibrating dildo. States her desire to upgrade

Back