Freezing but zero artifacting on an OC 6800 gt

pahncrd

Limp Gawd
When I clock my card to 410/1110 it will freeze but there aren't any artifacts at all. Not even in mother nature.

Would this be a product of low voltage maybe?

I'm guessing that the freezing you notice is the card's clock throttling. You are pushing the OC too much, and it is reverting back to stock speeds. You can download Rivatuner and verify that this is what's happening by monitoring the clock frequencies. If this is happening there's not much you can do besides back off the OC a bit.

Thanks for the advice. 404/1100 seems to work just fine, though I could have wished for a little higher.

It seems that I am in horrible need of a new CPU, this barton at 2.5ghz 200x12.5 is just holding my card back. I am hoping that my 53-fx upgrade this fall will help. :)

pahncrd said:
Thanks for the advice. 404/1100 seems to work just fine, though I could have wished for a little higher.

It seems that I am in horrible need of a new CPU, this barton at 2.5ghz 200x12.5 is just holding my card back. I am hoping that my 53-fx upgrade this fall will help. :)

heh just think of it this way, your clock is clocked a bit higher than one that sells for $100 more. :)

tranCendenZ said:
heh just think of it this way, your clock is clocked a bit higher than one that sells for $100 more. :)

Yeah, I'm not THAT upset. I figure if I was running my FX already, it might actually make a difference.

Back