freezemod pumps, anyone use em?

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
i picked up a pump/res combo for cheap on amazon after seeing comments raving about it being freezemod. anyone using one or any of their products? it seems good quality wise, and was a steal at $28CAN vs 75+. funny thing is its not labeled on the site as freezemod but when i got it 10 minutes ago i found that its labeled by them and the seller literally turned their box inside out to hide the logos. not sure what type of pump is in there either, i think a d5? i figured for that price, why not.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B08DFYF6L6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1620948755162.png

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That is not a D5 pump. Looks like a DDC pump. It should be fine. It is not a very powerful pump. That is about half the speed of a D5.

Last edited:
That is not a D5 pump. Looks like a DDC pump. It should be fine. It is not a very powerful pump. That is about have the speed of a D5.
oh ok, idk, i looked on ek's site and it looked right. i dont have a big loop or anything, so if it flows better than aios it should be fine. i did a search before posting and only saw mentions of them, so though id ask.

They are chinese knock off laing ddcs like the ones sold on aliexpress. They are all pretty much the same just sold by different companies. You can get the specs from any of them. No idea if they are any good, ive been meaning to pick one up to beat on but keep forgetting to. Let us know how you fare.

Yeah, it's a DDC. Also the best part is it has that heatsink. Lots of DDC's were burning themselves out during operation and someone came up with the great idea of making a heatsink for it, which cut down the failures due to heat related issues.

Should work fine. Once it's running, check how hot the sink gets.

Actual DDC or a knockoff of similar format? 8W and ~3GPM/4m head are pretty decent specs for a simple loop.

Only DDC failures I've heard of are of the 18W versions. Fair amount of power to not put into the water and into a plastic housing instead.

i dont know what it is but ill see how it goes. ive got new rads coming, they are supposedly freezemod too, were cheap comparatively. picked up a corsair xc5 block and fittings too. going to try and plumb my h75 block in for the gpu too, see how that goes. i just couldnt bring myself to plop $200+(CAN) on a full cover when everything else cost that...
ill have everything by next week.

cobbled it all together yesterday and it seems to be choochin pretty good. pushes through the aio block, 2 rads (edit: 120 + 240) and cpu block no prob and temps are better than on the separate aios.
rads did end up being freezemod too. decent and copper for pretty damn cheap.

Last edited:
Should work fine. Once it's running, check how hot the sink gets.
i just checked, its at full blast off just its molex and its cool to the touch. it is in front of the lower rad fans so that might help too, but theyre barely movin....

i just checked, its at full blast off just its molex and its cool to the touch. it is in front of the lower rad fans so that might help too, but theyre barely movin....
Thats perfect. As long as theres some active airflow moving across the heatsink you should be gtg as far as heat goes. Hopefully it lasts a goodlong time for you.
Thanks for sharing!

Back