Freeware Alternative to Acronis

Simmonz

2[H]4U
Can anybody recommend a good free alternative to Acronis ? I will pay for Acronis if I have to but would like to know if there's any good free options first.

There exists free yet fully functional (last time I checked) versions of True Image for Western Digital drive owners and Seagate owners (latter is a rebrand but still pretty much the same software). Both versions aren't limited to their respected drive brands, just as long as you have either a WD or Seagate brand drive attached to your system during installation (externals included).
Acronis WD Edition
DiscWizard

There's also Clonezilla, an open source alternative and EASEUS ToDo Backup Free.

This can really only be answered if you tell us what features you need?

As it stand the answer can range from "Use dd" to "Clonezilla". That being said I find Clonezilla does what I need as far as drive imaging and works efficiently with common file systems.

This can really only be answered if you tell us what features you need?

As it stand the answer can range from "Use dd" to "Clonezilla". That being said I find Clonezilla does what I need as far as drive imaging and works efficiently with common file systems.

I plan on making images of my system after I have a fresh OS installed to not have to reinstall a boat load of software. I may then possibly take a fresh image once a week.

2nd EASEUS. Macrium Relfect Free is also very good (I like it more than EASEUS).

I have used Acronis for years (since pre 2008 I think) and recently started using EaseUS Todo backup, and I like it. Comparable for what I do...

Back