Free wifi calling on ipod touch

Bird222

[H]ard|Gawd
Can someone recommend the most popular/preferred free wifi calling method on the ipod touch?

Facetime obviously only really works if your calling other "i" devices that actually have that feature.

I'm not sure if it is the most popular, but Skype works quite well.

Skype works very well, and for a minimal amount you can get calling to other landlines and your own real phone number.

Facetime obviously only really works if your calling other "i" devices that actually have that feature.

I'm not sure if it is the most popular, but Skype works quite well.

Skype is meh compared to Facetime.

Sounds like OP actually just wants to make a normal phone call. No frills attached. amirite?

The post above indicates that you have to pay for a phone number. I am looking for a solution with your own phone number but for free.

Skype is meh compared to Facetime.

Call any phone but an iPhone with it....O wait you cant.........

and how is it meh? Facetime doesnt do anything but a video call, skype does that, and way more. Not to mention it can video call with computers besides Macs, TVs, and other mobile devices besides iPhones.

The post above indicates that you have to pay for a phone number. I am looking for a solution with your own phone number but for free.

You are going to have a very tough time as phone numbers cost money period. Skype is dirt cheap, for ~$50/year you can have unlimited inbound and outbound calls with your own phone number.

Google voice and skype should work fine. Think there are a couple other VoIP options too.

Viber lets you make calls to normal numbers, as for receiving calls thats another story, they may have options but i dont know.

You're looking for an app called Talkatone. It uses your google voice number to make and receive calls and text messages.

Back