Free video editing software that is downloadable

• Thread starter Deleted member 108676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 108676

I googled, but there is a metric fuck-ton of links that pop up, and I was wondering if you guys knew of any good free ones that are simple to use. I just need to trim 5 seconds off the beginning of a video, and YouTube said it trimmed the video...but it didn't.

Windows Movie Maker can do that and so can all video editing programs.

Just make sure when you edit someone else's video of Youtube will Trim your account. :p You need to own the rights to the videos you upload or they'll get blocked and you'll get banned after you do it 3 times.

Just make sure when you edit someone else's video of Youtube will Trim your account. :p You need to own the rights to the videos you upload or they'll get blocked and you'll get banned after you do it 3 times.

I'll be editing my own video.

Use Virtual Dub if it will open up your video file.
Make sure that you select Direct Stream Copy for Audio and Video so it doesn't re-encode/re-compress the file.

This worked perfectly, thanks.

For a fully professional non-linear video editor, try Lightworks.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

Used to edit and cut films like "The King's Speech".

This is not for the faint of heart, though: you will have to invest some time to learn it. But very powerful, and honestly quite amazing that it is now a free download.

For a fully professional non-linear video editor, try Lightworks.

http://www.lightworksbeta.com/

Used to edit and cut films like "The King's Speech".

This is not for the faint of heart, though: you will have to invest some time to learn it. But very powerful, and honestly quite amazing that it is now a free download.

I downloaded it and it is really slow when scrubbing through 1080P video.
Looks like it has neat features though.
It also didn't span across my 3 screens.

Back