Free Tribes1 download

Yes, they did this about 3 months ago, so you missed the tribes 2 keys. I think there may be alt links in the free section.

i got tribes2 free with some hardware, installed it, played with graphical settings and fooled around, then promptly uninstalled it. What was the major appeal with that game? was it graphically ok in its heyday?

It really did nothing for me either, tribes was a great game that did many firsts for team based FPS. but the second one failed

I am definately looking forward to tribes vengeance. I played tribes 1 and 2. When tribes 2 was out it was not the best graphically, but it was not bad. The appeal for me is the difficulty. Flying around with jetpacks adds a new dimention and degree of difficulty to the game. Try flying around in mid air and try shooting someone else who is also flying around in mid air. Talk about tough. But once you got used to it it was very rewarding. It was fun to watch FPS veterans get thier a$$es handed to them.

SJetski71 said:
i got tribes2 free with some hardware, installed it, played with graphical settings and fooled around, then promptly uninstalled it. What was the major appeal with that game? was it graphically ok in its heyday?

the main appeal with Tribes2 was that it was the sequel to tribes. :p

Once it was out, 75% of the people who bought it. (or maybe I should say 75% of the veterans from Tribes1) didn't like it. It was a short lived game. (Not to mention it was buggy as hell when it came out, so that didn't help either)

Back