Free Trial of Gears of Wars 4 Available Through June 15th

Bees

[H]ard|Gawd
Not to be upstaged by any other free giveaways, developer The Coalition is allowing a free trial of Gears of War 4 on Xbox one and PC. Beyond access to online multiplayer and Horde mode, players will be allowed to access up to roughly 20% of the single-player campaign, or up to 10 hours of gameplay. In a gaming environment lacking demos of decent times, this is a very welcome addition.

As with most Xbox One and Windows 10 free trials, any progress you make in the campaign and multiplayer will be carried over to the full game, should you choose to purchase it, and any achievements you earn will also be retained.

Unsurprisingly, users will need to make a purchase to continue after their trial has completed. Gamers are being thrown a bone however, as GOW4 is available for a discount of $29.99 USD until June 15th. Though on PC, users only have the option to play via the Windows 10 store. Having other distribution methods of Microsoft’s games would be welcomed, but for now users can enjoy discounted games for not having that ability.

Is this an actual new game? I'm just so used to these PC discounts going to last years scraps, like Halo 3 or something I havent really been in the loop on whats hot anymore.

Is this an actual new game? I'm just so used to these PC discounts going to last years scraps, like Halo 3 or something I havent really been in the loop on whats hot anymore.

It's not a bad deal at all. Gears of War 4 was released in October(?) of last year. It's not even a year old.

At $30 it can't be beat but to play with as many online players as possible I'm willing to bet they are hoping discounted buyers will end up paying for the DLC which has so far added well over 10 additional multiplayer maps.

I hope this sale will result in more PC players.

It's not a bad deal at all. Gears of War 4 was released in October(?) of last year. It's not even a year old.

At $30 it can't be beat but to play with as many online players as possible I'm willing to bet they are hoping discounted buyers will end up paying for the DLC which has so far added well over 10 additional multiplayer maps.

I hope this sale will result in more PC players.

Gonna be tough to get too many more players with it locked in the Windows 10 store. I still REALLY want Horizon, but I'm still not wanting to part with $80-100 to get it.. and I think the last time it was on sale was black Friday. MS needs to step up if they want the Windows store competitive.

Gonna be tough to get too many more players with it locked in the Windows 10 store. I still REALLY want Horizon, but I'm still not wanting to part with $80-100 to get it.. and I think the last time it was on sale was black Friday. MS needs to step up if they want the Windows store competitive.

I'm with you on Horizon. Been holding off for the same reasons.

Gears of War 4 and Forza 6 Apex are the only games I've downloaded from the MS Store. They really ought to add more legit game titles and also have a way to find those games easier than mucking through all the crappy mobile-type games on there.

Holy mother of a huge game download. Downloading this now to try out ....But really 102 gigs for one game ouch.. I don't mind the windows 10 store to bad. I have forza horizons 3 and it's nice to be able to pick it up on my pc or on the xbox and play which ever i'm in the mood for. Be the same with this if I buy it.

I have this game, beat it twice on my PC. Great game and looks stunning on my 4k display.

I'd say its worth a buy 100%

Reactions: Fleat
like this
I have this game, beat it twice on my PC. Great game and looks stunning on my 4k display.

I'd say its worth a buy 100%

Agreed, I had a lot of fun with this game and would recommend it for the campaign. The game play is fun and the weapons are entertaining to use.

The one big thing I didn't enjoy was the horde / tower defense type side missions. They felt out of place and too easy even with the game on a higher difficulty.

Fuck Comcast. I have a monthly limit of 1TB and this fucker is 102GB. I just wanted to try the SP demo, but not that badly to go through a tenth of my monthly data for it.

Strike 1 it's over 100GB download
Strike 2 it's windows 10 only.
Strike 3 it's windows store only

It's as if they don't actually want a PC playerbase.
LoL you forgot Strike 4 your out MS

I'm with you on Horizon. Been holding off for the same reasons.

Gears of War 4 and Forza 6 Apex are the only games I've downloaded from the MS Store. They really ought to add more legit game titles and also have a way to find those games easier than mucking through all the crappy mobile-type games on there.

Be sure to check the Amazon store, or if you're cool with it, CDKeys for Windows Store games. I do wish the store had a button to eliminate the mobile games or set to only show PC games.

I am getting a lot of texture streaming issues on default settings. Textures switching back and forth from blurry to detailed and back to blurry again. Mostly high video details, world detail set to medium, 1080p. It happens even with objects that are at close range. Is this a common problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Back