Free Stadia Controller and Chromecast Ultra

alxlwson

You Know Where I Live
So can sign up for YouTube Premium and get this deal during the trial period?

Neat.
Always up for adding some more soon to be obsolete controllers to my pile! It'll look great next to my Steam Controller!

I do think I can find a use for the Chromecast Ultra though...

Neat.
Always up for adding some more soon to be obsolete controllers to my pile! It'll look great next to my Steam Controller!

I do think I can find a use for the Chromecast Ultra though...

I love my Ultra. I travel a lot so it goes with me to stream to the hotel tv.

Oh yeah, when traveling exists again that actually does sound like a good use for it. I usually just watch Hulu on my Switch.

I still travel a decent amount. It's not been the 120+ nights a year like normal, but enough that I re-earned my Spire status with IHG by July

I still travel a decent amount. It's not been the 120+ nights a year like normal, but enough that I re-earned my Spire status with IHG by July
I spent over 100 nights in hotels last year, mostly due to work.
This year its been less than 20. Most of those before March.
Great for getting projects around the house accomplished, awful for finances.

I spent over 100 nights in hotels last year, mostly due to work.
This year its been less than 20. Most of those before March.
Great for getting projects around the house accomplished, awful for finances.

Yeah, my income has definitely dropped off. With the exception of a few days vacation, all of that is work travel. The wife and I have done some great bonding though. Usually I'm ready to GTFO but now I kind of kick a little bit when work asks me to travel.
It's been good and bad, but definitely more good.

This shows you where Stadia is heading if they are giving it away to try it out. Within a year, it will be gone just like many Google projects.

It's only free for YT Premium subs

I know that. But why would you invest buying games on a platform from a company with a history of canning projects like Google? I hate to say this, but you're better off with GeForce Now since you can actually play games you own from your Steam Library. You can buy a year off someone with a new RTX card for ~$20.

I know that. But why would you invest buying games on a platform from a company with a history of canning projects like Google? I hate to say this, but you're better off with GeForce Now since you can actually play games you own from your Steam Library. You can buy a year off someone with a new RTX card for ~$20.

We'll, you also don't have to buy anything because it includes 3mo of the premium/pro service, which includes a ton of games. So you get a free controller and Chromecast Ultra and 3mo of the service including a large library for the price of absolutely nothing. Nothing.

We'll, you also don't have to buy anything because it includes 3mo of the premium/pro service, which includes a ton of games. So you get a free controller and Chromecast Ultra and 3mo of the service including a large library for the price of absolutely nothing. Nothing.

Yeah, I get that, free is free is free (technically not free because of a YT Premium sub, but I digress).

But I wouldn't drop a dime into it.

Back