Free Solaris 10 media kit

I was reading about this the other day. Haven't messed with Solaris since like version 8. Use to have to do admin work on them. Might have to give it a try again.

That's cool. It's been freely downloadable for some time, and they hand out the DVD packages like candy at any Solaris event, but it's cool not to have to attend one to get the software.

Sweet, I even have a donated Sun server that I am able to play with. Thanks for the find. :D

That's my next step. I gotta upgrade my Sun server something terrible.

I might check it out, thanks! I think the version I have is 9. I am not sure though. I got it a month ago in the mail

Has anyone received their kit yet? It's been like two and half weeks and I still haven't received it yet. :(

Go to Sun.com and find any Solaris event happening in your area.

Show up and they'll hand you the media kit.

I haven't got mine yet either....and ive got a nice empty partition that is dying to have another OS put on it for me to mess with

I just signed up for this earlier today, and I finally got a confirmation e-mail, with the whole "10 business days" thing, so we'll see how long it takes to get here.

I ordered 20 days ago, and until I saw this post again I forgot about it. Still nothing. Hahaha, oh well... :rolleyes:

well I re-signed up again and 10 days is now 2-4 weeks, lol..../waits.....

Well we'll see if I get mine in the next week or two. If not I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. :)

I wonder what the deal is though? More responses then they anticipated? Made the offer before having disks ready and available for the offer? Hmm... Oh well.

Well we'll see if I get mine in the next week or two. If not I'm not going to loose any sleep over it. :)

I wonder what the deal is though? More responses then they anticipated? Made the offer before having disks ready and available for the offer? Hmm... Oh well.

I am thinking they were not expecting this.... much of a response.

I signed up on 1-15. Still nothing so I signed up again today.

Anyone who really wants to play with Solaris in a hurry and has a CD or DVD burner, you can just download it. There's also BeleniX for a LiveCD distro of OpenSolaris.

I just got mine in the mail yesterday :) So about a 2 month wait.

I ordered mine around 6 months ago and never got it. About 2 months ago I re-ordered and still don't have it!

Got mine this morning, thanks OP. I am in the UK and it appears the Europe ones are being sent from Germany.

Going to have a play with it this weekend I think.

Back