Free software title everyday

I'll keep an eye on this. Probably will be all useless stuff for me but you never know.

They also do Games.

I've gotten crapware and decent titles from both sites in the past. YMMV.

But hey......it's free.

Games are usually on the weekend only. At least that's been their business model lately.

I've gotten some good stuff from them before too, although not as much lately. The best move is to check user reviews and comments below the download link. Usually it'll help you weed out software that isn't worth trying, plus has the added benefit of other downloaders usually listing other alternative software.

Games are usually on the weekend only. At least that's been their business model lately.

I've gotten some good stuff from them before too, although not as much lately. The best move is to check user reviews and comments below the download link. Usually it'll help you weed out software that isn't worth trying, plus has the added benefit of other downloaders usually listing other alternative software.
The same here.

I stopped checking that site when they started doing special installers that only allow you to install it on the day that is free. I reformat my pc fairly often because I mess with the windows os a lot, and the one time use installers became useless to me. Is that still the case now?

Although I havent been there lately, I have gotten some decent utilities there in the past. But if they are now using those crapware/adware/bloatware-infested downloaders/installers, then I will pass.......

I stopped checking that site when they started doing special installers that only allow you to install it on the day that is free. I reformat my pc fairly often because I mess with the windows os a lot, and the one time use installers became useless to me. Is that still the case now?

Yep, still the same one day installer. That is the one thing that really sucks about giveawayoftheday.

Yep, still the same one day installer. That is the one thing that really sucks about giveawayoftheday.

Occasionally one of the giveaways will offer a portable install option, so I usually will do that so I can move it from PC to PC.

I usually dislike that a lot of times the software of the day is a previous version or a limited time install, which means you might as well just use the demo of the current version.

How safe is this site? Last week I dowoaded Advanced System Care Pro from here without really thinking about it.

After the DL I started checking reviews (I know should have done this first) and I saw a lot of mixed reviews. Some good but a lot of bad saying they have viruses and the site isn't safe.

I ran Malware Bytes and I have Bit Defender and it came up clean but I was wondering what some of you thought about the site.

For me, I've never seen software on there that was so exclusive that I would risk whatever crapware / spam that might result from downloading it. Not sure what System Care Pro does, but you could probably achieve generally the same result with Piriform stuff like Ccleaner/Defraggler and built-in Windows tools

I have never gotten a virus or trojan from giveawayoftheday. I have been getting software from that site for probably 7 or 8 years now.

have anyone had a problem with adoreshare mv4 convertor genuis installing and not opening under win7 64bit?

Back