Free SCM Hosting?

jfnirvana292

[H]ard|Gawd
Im looking for free hosting for SCM. I see a bunch available but was wondering what everyone else uses? We will be using SVN and theres only a few developers.Thanks!

Edit: I should also mention it should have security ...

Last edited:
SourceForge, Google Code, Codeplex are some decent options.

If you haven't tried DSCM software yet like mercurial or git, I'd also recommend that over SVN. Mercurial is probably an easier transition coming from SVN, and if you use Mercurial that opens up BitBucket as a possible SCM host as well. Likewise if you use git, Github is pretty much awesome.

Learning Mecurial is as easy as visiting hginit.com

SourceForge, Google Code, Codeplex are some decent options.

If you haven't tried DSCM software yet like mercurial or git, I'd also recommend that over SVN. Mercurial is probably an easier transition coming from SVN, and if you use Mercurial that opens up BitBucket as a possible SCM host as well. Likewise if you use git, Github is pretty much awesome.

Learning Mecurial is as easy as visiting hginit.com

I will check them out. Thanks

You say free hosting but you don't mention if the project is open source or not. By your edit referencing security, I might guess you don't want your code to be freely available to the world.

Bitbucket offers more to free users than Github if you are looking for private repos.

Back