[Free] Samsung wireless charger

I'd jump on this, but Samsung Pay doesn't work with any of my credit cards.
Edit: I's been a few months since I tried it, so I figured after reading this I'd give it another go. They still only have six issuing banks on board. Even then, they aren't ALL cards by those banks (I have a Best Buy Visa by CitiBank, and it isn't supported). Kind of a joke.

Last edited:
Thanks OP... in for one on my new S7 with my Chase Freedom Visa. And yeah Modred189 - my Chase Amazon Visa didn't work.

Of course, I don't actually plan to use Samsung Pay, I just wanted the charger. Makes me wonder if Samsung is just trying to build marketing momentum, as in "we have X number of users with Y number of credit cards" to convince other banks to get onboard.

And I am looking forward to my free GearVR too. ;)

Thanks OP... in for one on my new S7 with my Chase Freedom Visa. And yeah Modred189 - my Chase Amazon Visa didn't work.

Of course, I don't actually plan to use Samsung Pay, I just wanted the charger. Makes me wonder if Samsung is just trying to build marketing momentum, as in "we have X number of users with Y number of credit cards" to convince other banks to get onboard.

And I am looking forward to my free GearVR too. ;)
Yea, I love Android Pay. In fact, I use it just about every day grabbing a coke at McD's on the way into work every day. I'd LIKE to try out the non-NFC magic that Samsung Pay uses, but as long as they have so few banks behind them, I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance. Even my USAA Visa is not supported, and just about anyone with USAA has one of those. But I suspect you're right. Build a user base to sell to the banks.

Yes thanks for this, after 3 cards finally tried one that worked. I actually had to reset the app to get it to work on a card that didn't work the first time.

Nice! Thanks for this. I've been eyeing one of these since I got my S6.

Weird! I got my Navy Federal Credit union card to work, I did notice that it put numbers in wrong when scanning the card, so double check your numbers when it captures it.

I saw this come around a while ago, so I reverted from a custom ROM to stock, and if you've tripped knox, you can never use Samsung Pay AFAIK.

Cool thanks for letting me know about the offer. I don't really need it... but it's free!

S5 does not have wireless charging anyway... unless you get the new back that supports it

The phone dont have the wireless back cover. I had gotten a qi receiver and charger but it's useless since the S5 has a non standard charging port.

Last edited:
The phone dont have the wireless back cover. I had gotten a qi receiver and charger but it's useless since the S5 has a non standard charging port.
er??? i am using S5 with Qi charging pad receiver that sandwich between the back case the battery, and my usb port is still free

S5 use Micro usb 3.0. but u can use standard micro usb cable on the half)

s-l1600.jpg

i even have Qi receiver sandwith on my older S4, S3 and S2-> thought microUSB

so... i dont know what you talking about..

And u dont know what im talking bout. I have the adapter that uses the usb port not the cordless adapter that just sticks onto the inside of the pbone back.

Well i tried it the way u said u did yours and it works. I just assumed with out being a non standard charging port that it wouldn't work. But next time don't assume someone don't know what they are talking if u don't know the problem.

Back