Free Privacy Apps for android phones.

ninjaturtle

2[H]4U
I want to block some apps from into prying my phone's info.

Do you guys know of an free App that will deny all or certain permissions given to other Apps?

My phone is rooted running Peach Sunrise 3.01 with AdAway, Airblocker and Avast.

Ex:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bluebird.mobile&hl=en

Permissions
This application has access to the following:

Your accounts
use the authentication credentials of an account
Allows the app to request authentication tokens.
Services that cost you money
directly call phone numbers
Allows the app to call phone numbers without your intervention. Malicious apps may cause unexpected calls on your phone bill. Note that this doesn't allow the app to call emergency numbers.
Hardware controls
take pictures and videos
Allows the app to take pictures and videos with the camera. This allows the app at any time to collect images the camera is seeing.
Your location
fine (GPS) location
Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the tablet, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power. Access fine location sources such as the Global Positioning System on the phone, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine where you are, and may consume additional battery power.
coarse (network-based) location
Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate tablet location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are. Access coarse location sources such as the cellular network database to determine an approximate phone location, where available. Malicious apps may use this to determine approximately where you are.
Network communication
full Internet access
Allows the app to create network sockets.
Your personal information
read contact data
Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your tablet. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people. Allows the app to read all of the contact (address) data stored on your phone. Malicious apps may use this to send your data to other people.
read sensitive log data
Allows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the tablet, potentially including personal or private information. Allows the app to read from the system's various log files. This allows it to discover general information about what you are doing with the phone, potentially including personal or private information.
Phone calls
read phone state and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. An app with this permission can determine the phone number and serial number of this phone, whether a call is active, the number that call is connected to and the like.
Storage
modify/delete USB storage contents modify/delete SD card contents
Allows the app to write to the USB storage. Allows the app to write to the SD card.
System tools
change Wi-Fi state
Allows the app to connect to and disconnect from Wi-Fi access points, and to make changes to configured Wi-Fi networks.

Hide

Your accounts
discover known accounts
Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the tablet. Allows the app to get the list of accounts known by the phone.
Network communication
view network state
Allows the app to view the state of all networks.
view Wi-Fi state
Allows the app to view the information about the state of Wi-Fi.
System tools
automatically start at boot
Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the tablet and allow the app to slow down the overall tablet by always running. Allows the app to have itself started as soon as the system has finished booting. This can make it take longer to start the phone and allow the app to slow down the overall phone by always running.

This crap is just silly what they want to know.

Thanks, d.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sYmUuc2VjdXJpdHkubGl0ZSJd

Be careful with what you block. Some apps need that access in order to function. For example I use USAA and if I block access to the GPS I can't do my Deposit@Home function (deposit checks via the app and phone camera). Facebook used to force crash if you blocked access to Location. Don't know if that's still the case since I gave the app the heave hoe a long time ago.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...1bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5sYmUuc2VjdXJpdHkubGl0ZSJd

Be careful with what you block. Some apps need that access in order to function. For example I use USAA and if I block access to the GPS I can't do my Deposit@Home function (deposit checks via the app and phone camera). Facebook used to force crash if you blocked access to Location. Don't know if that's still the case since I gave the app the heave hoe a long time ago.

Just saw that one, still have too read up on it.

Going to try this one first.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privacy.pdroid&feature=search_result

Just saw that one, still have too read up on it.

Going to try this one first.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.privacy.pdroid&feature=search_result

Not bad. I may have to check that one out myself. I miss just simply using Droidwall but the dev has stopped updating so it doesn't function correctly on ICS and JB.

Droidwall simply blocked Internet access using iptables so I didn't have to worry about stuff going out. If USAA wants access I don't really care. They already have my life on file. ;) However, Rovio doesn't need my location and shit like that.

So I actually figured out how to fix Droidwall for anybody who cares. Deep within the discontinued thread on XDA there was the answer.

You must add a custom script.

iptables -A droidwall -j droidwall-3g -o qmi+

The key is the qmi+ part. That's the interface being used. In the case of my GNex (toro) I had to open up Android Terminal and type:

busybox route

That gave me the routing information. My 4G LTE interface name is rmet1 (assuming it's the same for 3G). The issue with Droidwall is that the interfaces are hardcoded and rmnet1 is missing.

So after I found the interface name I opened Droidwall and went to Menu -> More -> Add Custom Script
I entered the following:

iptables -A droidwall -j droidwall-3g -o rmnet1+

Now Droidwall functions again and all is right in the world. I've pulled the source code so I'm probably going to update it and recompile it for others. I also found out why the dev has abandoned the project: He was bought out by Avast apparently.

Muhahaha. Source code updated. Droidwall now functional without custom scripts and I made it Holo UI themed instead of GB.

Next up fix the ugly ass On/Off widget which isn't centered at all LMAO.

Back